[JPL] Playlist for The Odyssey on WBCX 89.1 FM, Brenau University, September 12, 2007

Bradford Hayes hayes.bradford at verizon.net
Fri Sep 14 02:04:39 EDT 2007

Nicole Brooks <theeblackorchid at gmail.com> wrote:  This Week's JPL Sponsor: Barnstorm Productions - Charles Gatschet - STEP LIGHTLY

Guitarist Charles Gatschet takes you on a musical journey from Bebop to Brazil on his latest release STEP LIGHTLY. Growing up in Kansas City afforded Charles the opportunity to work with such jazz notables as Claude ''Fiddler'' Williams, Bobby Watson, Carmell Jones and many others who have made an impact on the K.C. jazz scene. With a stellar band featuring Ali Ryerson, Greg Gisbert, Ken Walker, Mark Simon, Eric Gunnison and Paul Romaine, Gatschet delivers an array of beautiful tunes, half of which are his own. Quoting from Dr. Herb Wong's liner notes: ''Jazz guitarist-composer Charles Gatschet's aesthetic backdrop and the music on STEP LIGHTLY, indeed, ignite reasons to step lively with felicity of Charles' mission in jazz.''
www.CharlesGatschet.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Odyssey is produced and hosted by Black Orchid and airs on Wednesday Evenings from 8-pm to10pm. A weekly radio program that offers jazz, afrobeat, latin, electronica, blues, rare grooves, reggae, soul, hip-hop and funk from all over the world. "A musical journey thru time, space, and everything in between....."

PLAYLIST 09/12/2007
ARTIST - "track" - title - (label)

SUKHAWAT ALI KHAN- "Mustafa" – Shukriya – (Megawave)

UNITED FUTURE ORGANIZATION – "I'll bet you thought I'd never find you" – United Future Organization – (Polygram)

THIEVERY CORPORATION – "Lebanese Blonde" – Hi-Fidelity Lounge Vol. 1 – (Guidance)

FAT FREDDY'S DROP – "This Room" – Based on a true story – (Kartel)

COREY HARRIS – "You Never Know" – Zion Crossroads – (Telarc)

AMY WINEHOUSE - "Moody's Mood for Love" – Frank – (Universal)

BOBI CESPEDES – "California" – Rezos – (Six Degrees)

YOUSSOU N'DOUR – "Mbeggeel Noonu La" – Nothing's In Vain – (Nonesuch)

FILA BRAZILIA – "Butter My Mask" – Black Market Gardening – (Pork)

LES NUBIANS – "Sourire" – Princesses Nubiennes – (Higher Octave)

MARISSA – "Saudade Fez Um Samba" – Brazilian Lounge – (Putomayo)

MILTON NASCIMENTO – "Bicho Homem" – Maria Maria/Ultima Trem – (Far Out)

MILTON NASCIMENTO – "Descreto" – Maria Maria/Ultimo Trem – (Far Out)

ZAP MAMA – "Timidity" – 7 – (Warner Bros)

ABRAM WILSON - "Free Myself" – Jazz Warrior – (Dune)

ALEXA WEBER MORALES - "Asi Es El Amor" – Vagabundeo/Wanderings – (Patois)

BRADFORD HAYES – "My Sons" – The Jazz Life – (Intensity)

JOE HENDERSON – "Blue Bossa" – Vol. 1 Blue Note Essentials – (Blue Note)

BREAKTHROUGH FT BEMBE SEGUE – "Green Like the Sun" – Breakthrough – (Ki/Oon)

BRUNO E. – "A Sereia Do Mar" – O Discurso – (Trama)

MISTER MURPH – "Narcissis" – Paradigm Paradox – (TBD)

Nicole Brooks aka "Black Orchid"
Producer/Host - "The Odyssey"
WBCX 89.1 FM
Brenau University