[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Fri Sep 14

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Sep 14 21:52:43 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday September 14, 2007

(Rodgers and Hart) Falling in Love with Love - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels
- Ipo Records

(Chick Corea) Windows - Now He Sings, Now He Sobs - Blue Note - CDP 7
90055 2

(Clare Fischer) Pensativa - Crosscurrents - Bill Evans Trio with Lee
Konitz and Warne Marsh - Fantasy - OJCCD-718-2

(Eddie Harris) Three Quarter Miles - Vexatious Progressions - Eddie Harris
- Flying Heart - FH-343D

(Freddie Hubbard) Down Under - Mosaic - Freddie Hubbard - Blue Note - CDP
7 46523 2

(Billy Reid) The Gypsy - Champian - Champian Fulton with David Berger and
the Sultans of Swing - Such Sweet Thunder - SST2205

(Al Dubin, Harry warren) Shadow Waltz - Restless - Joe Cohn - Arbors Jazz
- ARCD 19329

(John Coltrane) Crescent - Con Alma - Mark Weinstein - Jazzheads - JH 1154

(Bud Powell, Miles Davis) Budo - The Complete Bith of the Cool - Miles
davis - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 4 94550 2 3

8:01 NPR News

(Astor Piazolla) Triunfal - If You Love Me - Richard Galliano with Gary
Burton - Camjazz - 5022

(Pepper Adams) Enchilada Baby - Dale Fielder Quartet Plays the Music of
Pepper Adams - Clarion Jazz - CJ 80707

(Harold Arlen, Leo Robin) Hooray for Love - The Complete Ella Fitzgerald
Song Books Vol. 13: Harold Arlen - Verve - 314 519 832-2

(Dizzy Gillespie) One Bass Hit - Django - Modern Jazz Quartet - Prestige -
OJCCD-057-2

(Shay, Fisherm Goodwin) When You're Smiling - Modern Art - Art Pepper -
Blue Note - CDP 7 46848 2

(Burke, Van Heusen) But Beautiful - The Eddie Lockjaw Davis Cookbook Vol.
1 - Prestige - PRCD-30009-2

(Horace Silver) Swingin' the Samba - Finger Poppin' - Horace Silver - Blue
Note - 7243 5 42304 2 4

(Dietz, Schwartz) Dancing in the Dark - Float Like a Butterfly - Mke Longo
Trio - Consolidated Artists Productions - CAP 1006

(Bill Holman) Swee' Pea - I Told You So - Count Basie - Pablo - PACD-767

(Joe Henderson) Recorda Me - Page One - Joe Henderson - Blue Note - 7243 4
98795 2 2 2

(Lucky Thompson) A Lady's Vanity - Tricotism - Lucky Thomspon - Impulse -
GRD-135

9:01 NPR News

(Lucky Thompson) The Plain But Simple Truth - Tricotism - Lucky Thompson -
Impulse - GRD-153

(Al Dexter) Pistol Packin' Mama / (Dn Redman) For the Good of Your Country
/ (George, Ellington, Hodges, James) I'm Beginning to See the Light - I'm
Beginning to See the Light: Dance Hits from the Second World War - Ken
Burns - Legacy - 88697  14539 2

(Duke Ellington) Rocks in My Bed / (Ellington, George) I Ain't Got Nothing
But the Blues - Dearest Duke - Carol Sloane - Arbors Records - ARCD 19530

(Heywood, Gimbel) Canadian Sunset - Boss Tenor - Gene Ammons - Prestige -
OJCCD-297-2

9:01

(H. Carmichael, S. Gorrell) My Sweet / (Henry Creamer, James P Johnson) If
I Could Be with You One Hour Tonight - Love Songs - Louis Armstrong  -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 62219

(Kahn, Moret) Ready for the River - Apex Blues - Jimmie Noone - Decca Jazz
- GRD-633

(James P Johnson) Blues for Jimmy - The Original James P Johnson -
Smithsonian Folkways - SF CD 40812

(Tadd Dameron) Flossie Lou - Look Stop & Listen - Tardo Hammer - Sharp
Nine Records - CD-1040-2

(Cole Porter) It's All Right with Me - Meditation - Joe Pass - Pablo -
PACD-2310-974-2