[JPL] Dobbin's Den Sept. 16

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 15 09:29:12 EDT 2007

DOBBIN'S DEN

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 643

On today's show we hear from BEAT KAESTLI, LEE KONITZ, TARDO HAMMER, JOAN STILES and JANE FAIR
Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [and archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
September 16, 2007

JACQUES VIDAL

MINGUS SPIRIT [NOCTURNE]

La Valse du Clown

CHARLES MINGUS

THE YOUNG REBEL [PROPER BOX]

Extrasensory Perception (Lee Konitz)

Paris in Blue (Jackie Paris)

MYSTERIOUS BLUES [CANDID]

Body and Soul (Roy Eldridge)

TONI KITANOVSKI

BORDERLANDS [ENJA]

Gnossienne No.1 (Satie)

LEE KONITZ

PEACEMEAL [MILESTONE]

Body and Soul (based on the Chu Berry - Roy Eldridge version)

Thumb Under (Bartok)

BEAT KAESTLI

HAPPY, SAD AND SATISFIED [B&B PRODUCTIONS]

Thy Hand, Belinda / When I Am Laid in Earth [Purcell]

So In Love (Porter)

JACKIE RYAN

YOU AND THE NIGHT AND THE MUSIC [OPEN ART]

You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (Porter)

CHRIS HUMPHREY

NOTHING BUT BLUE SKY [CADENCE]

Swingin' Till The Girls Come Home

STACEY KENT

BREAKFAST ON THE MORNING TRAM [BLUE NOTE]

So Romantic

TARDO HAMMER

SOMETHIN' SPECIAL [SHARP NINE]

Take Me Out To The Ballgame