[JPL] Sep 14 Report

Don Gordon dongordon at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Sep 15 14:35:43 EDT 2007

Report from KIPO 89.3 FM for 9/14/07

Following are the recent releases (past 4 months) and top 50 spins.

All cuts one spin unless otherwise indicated.

[6 spins] South 9 Ensemble - The Llama - (self released)
[6 spins] Ricardo Silveira - Outro Rio - (Adventure)
[4 spins] Tardo Hammer - Stop Look & Listen - (Sharp 9)
[4 spins] David Hazeltine - The Inspiration Suite - (Sharp 9)
[3 spins] Bill Holman - Hommage - (Jazz Media)
[3 spins] Mulgrew Miller - Live At The Kennedy Center Vol. 2 - (MaxJazz)
[2 spins] Akiko Tsuruga - Sweet And Funky - (18th & Vine)
[2 spins] Russell Malone - Live At The Jazz Standard Vol. 2 - (MaxJazz)
[2 spins] Terell Stafford - Taking Chances - (MaxJazz)
[2 spins] New York Voices - A Day Like This - (MCG)
[2 spins] Kenny Burrell - 75th Birthday Bash Live! - (Blue Note)
[2 spins] David Sills - Green - (Origin)
[2 spins] Bill Charlap - Live At The Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)
[2 spins] Phil DeGreg - Down The Middle - (Prevenient)
[2 spins] Herb Gibson - Let's Play - (Silverado)
[2 spins] Billy Taylor/Gerry Mulligan - Live At MCG - (MCG)
Jaco Pastorius - The Essential - (Epic)
Gary Smulyan - More Treasures - (Reservoir)
Frank Tiberi - 4 Brothers 7 - (Jazzed Media)
Michael Wolff - Jazz, Jazz, Jazz - (Wrong)
Down To The Bone - Supercharged - (Narada Jazz)
Dee Daniels - Jazzinit - (Origin)
Vince Norman/Joe McCarthy - Words Cannot Express - (OA2)
Ali Ryerson - Jammin' At The Jazz Corner - (Sweet Jazz)
Gloria Lynne - From My Heart To Yours - (HighNote)
Various - Jazz At The Concertgebouw - (Radio Nederland)
Kálmán Oláh - Always - (Merless)
Nigel Kennedy - Blue Note Sessions - (Blue Note)
Roni Ben-Hur - Keepin' It Open - (Motéma)
Hal Galper - Furious Rubato - (Origin)
Paquito D'Rivera - Funk Tango - (Sunnyside)
Ehud Asherie - Lockout - (Posi-Tone)
Pete McGuinness - First Flight - (Summit)
Sonny Fortune - You And The Night And The Music - (18th & Vine)
Mel Martin/Benny Carter - Just Friends - (Jazzed Media)
Onaje Allan Gumbs - Sack Full Of Dreams - (18th & Vine)
Diana Krall - The Very Best Of - (Verve)
Alvin Queen - I Ain't Looking At You - (Enja)
I Alvin Queen - I Ain't Looking At You - (Enja)
Jackie Ryan - You And The Night And The Music - (Open Art)
Maynard Ferguson - The One And Only - (MFT)
Jim Balagurchik - Free At Last - (JB)
Bob Lark - Suggestions - (Jazzed Media)
Bobby Floyd - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)
Joe Lovano/Hank Jones - Kids - (Blue Note)
Maria Schneider - Sky Blue - (artistShare)
Fred Hersch - Night & The Music - (Palmetto)