[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 9-16-07

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 23:15:47 EDT 2007

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-7 pm.

1) Milcho Leviev [in town tonight]-Joe (Bulgarian Piano Blues)
2) Bill Easley-Straigten Up & Fly Right (Business Man's Bounce)
3) Tineke Postma-Fleurette Africaine (A Journey That Matters)
4) Helen Sung-Shall We Tango (Sungbird)
5) Diane Hubka-The Long Goodbye (Diane Hubka Goes To The Movies)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Jon Hendricks [birthday]
6) Jon Hendricks with Thelonious Monk-In Walked Bud (Underground)
6) Lambert, Hendricks & Ross-Gimme That Wine (Everybody's Boppin')
7) Jon Hendricks with Stan Getz/Jimmie Rowles-(The Chess Players)

8) John Scofield w/Bill Frisell-House Of the Rising Sun (This Meets That)
9) Nordic Connect-Seascape (Flurry)
10) Sinikka Langeland-Har Du Lyttet til Elvene Om Natta? (Starflowers)

Remembering Joe Zawinul
11) Cannonball Adderley-Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (Mercy, Mercy, Mercy)
12) Joe Zawinul-My One And Only Love (Concerto Retitled)
13) Joe Zawinul-His Last Journey (Zawinul)
14) Ben Webster & Joe Zawinul-Travelin' Light (Soul Mates)
15) Cannonball Adderley & Ernie Andrews-Green (Live Session)
16) Cannonball Adderley-One For Newk (Why Am I Treated So Bad)
17) Miles Davis-In A Silent Way (In A Silent Way)
18) Weather Report-Unknown Soldier (I Sing The Body Electric)
19) Weather Report-Nubian Sundance (Mysterious Travler)
20) Weather Report-Badia (Tale Spinning)
21) Weather Report-125th St. Congress (Sweetnighter)
22) Weather Report-Black Market (Black Market)
23) Weather Report-Birdland (Heavy Weather)
24) Zawinul Syndicate-Bimoya (World Tour)
25) Zawinul Syndicate-When There Was Royalty (World Tour)
26) Joe Zawinul-Carnavalito (Brown Street)

27) Closing theme: George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com