[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 00:35:42 EDT 2007

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 9/16/07  WWSP 90fm University of Wisconsin Stevens Point 11,500 watts  Russ Haines Jazz/World Music Director rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com  PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME. OUR VOICE MAIL SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE.  4 or more SPINS  4 Terence Blanchard - A Tale Of God's Will - Blue Note4 Dave Brubeck - Indian Summer - Telarc4 Ella Fitzgerald - Love Letters From Ella - Concord5 Sonny Fortune - You & The Night & The Music - 18th & Vine5 Tom Harrell - Light On - HighNote5 Bruce Hornsby - Camp Meeting - Sony5 Charlie Hunter Trio - Mistico - Fantasy/Concord5 Sean Jones - Kaleidoscope - Mack Ave.5 Nigel Kennedy - Blue Note Sessions - Blue Note4 Hector Lavoe - La Voz - Emusica Records/Fania5 Russell Malone - Live At Jazz Standard Vol. 2 - Maxjazz4 Arturo O'Farill - Wonderful Discovery - MEII 5 Oregon - 1000 Kilometers - CAM Jazz5 Maria Schneider Orchestra - Sky Blue - Artist Share5 Soulive - No Place Like Soul - Stax/Concord4 Helen Sung - Sungbird - Sunnyside5 Jacky Terrasson - Mirror - Blue Note5 Miroslav Vitous - Universal Syncopations II - ECM4 Eberhard Weber - Stages Of A Long Journey - ECM 2 - 3 SPINS 3 Rashied Ali Quintet - Judgement Day Vol. 2 - SR 3 Ehud Asherie - Lock Out - Positone3 Amanda Carr - Soon - OMS Records2 Greg Chako - Paint A Picture, Tell A Story - Self Produced3 Dee Daniels - Jazzinit - Origin2 Sandy Dennison - Jazzed - Self Produced 3 Mary Ann Douglas - Unfinished Business - Magdalene Records2 Jan Eisen - Summer Me, Winter Me - One Take3 Floratone - Selftitled - Blue Note3 Bobby Floyd - Notes To & From My Friends - Chicken Coup2 Dan Fogel - 15 West - Laughing Waters Records2 Rick Gallagher - Sugar Shack - Ridge Tone3 Richard Galliano Quartet - If You Love Me - CAM Jazz 3Charles Gatschet - Step Lightly - Self Produced3 Andreas Hagiioannu - Far & Wide - Impala Marque Records3 Happy Apple - Happy Apple Back On Top - Sunnyside2 Marcus Johnson - The Phoenix - Three Keys Music3Etta Jones/Houston Person - Don't Misunderstand - HighNote 3 John Jorgenson Quintet - Ultraspontane - J2 Records3Mike Longo Trio - Float Like A Butterfly - CAP 3 Kiko Loureiro - Universo Inverso - Boosweet Records2 Gloria Lynne - From My Heart To Yours - HighNote3Greta Matassa - The Smiling Hour - Origin 2 John Mclaughlin - Essential - Columbia3 Sophie Milman - Make Someone Happy - Koch3 Steve Miller/Lol Coxhill - The Sory So Far... Oh Really - Cuneiform/Rune3 Oliver Mtukudzi - Tsimba Itsoka - Heads Up3 New York Voices - A Day Like This - MCG Jazz2 Jaco Pastorious - Essential - Columbia2 Gail Pettis - May I Come In? - OA2 Records3 Wallace Roney - Jazz HighNote3 Daniel Bernard Roumain - Etudes4violin&electronix - Thirsty Ear3 Jackie Ryan - You & The Night & The Music - Open Art3 Antonio Sanchez - Migration - CAM Jazz2 Annette Sanders /Bob Florence - You Will Be My Music - MAMA Records2 Matthew Shipp - Piano Vortex - Thirsty Ear3 Shook/Russo Trio - Introducing The Fab Trio - Summit3 Luciana Souza - The New Bossa Nova - Verve3 Stevens, Siegel & Ferguson Trio - Get Out Of Town - Imaginary Records3 Billy Taylor & Gerry Mulligan - Live At MCG - MCG Jazz2 Dotti Anita Taylor - A Morning Glory - Self Produced3 Various - Live At The Monterey Jazz Festival Highlights, Vol. 1 - MJF Records2 Chris Wabich - Jade Vision - Sea Breeze2 Chris Walden - Big Band & St. John's Choir - Kurt Marti Suite - Origin 3 Christian Wallumred Ensemble - The Zoo Is Far - ECM3 Ezra Weiss - Get Happy - Roark Records2 Carol Welsman - Selftitled - Justin Time ADDS WEEK OF 9/16/07Paul Bley - Solo In Mondsee - ECMTom Braxton - Imagine This - Pacific Coast JazzBring Back Pluto - Nine -Dale Fielder Quartet - Plays the Music Of Pepper Adams - Clarion JazzManhattan New Music Project - Jazz Cycles - MNMP RecordsBill Mays - Fantasy - PalmettoBill McHenry - Roses - SunnysidePearl Django - Modern Times - Modern Hot RecordsTineke Postma - A Journey That Matters - Foriegn Media JazzChris Potter - 10 Songs For Anyone - SunnysideChris Potter - Follow The Red Line - SunnysideRob Ryndak - A Reason To Smile - Pacific Coast JazzChristian Scott - Anthem - ConcordCurtis Stigers - Real Emotional - ConcordJohn Surman - The Spaces In Between - ECM **** The next add date for WWSP is 9/23/07  We will have space for 15 discs.  I review & add discs in the order in which they are received. **** All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.  Russ