[JPL] List guidelines
ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Mon Sep 17 17:58:39 EDT 2007
It's been a while since JPL list guidelines have been updated, and we
have added this to our subscription and monthly reminder emails.
1) The purpose of the Jazz Programmers' Mailing List is to discuss
topics related to programming jazz radio. Anyone is welcome to subscribe
and participate on this list, but the list topics will mainly be of
interest to jazz radio programmers and hosts, jazz industry personnel,
musicians, managers and publicists.
2) New subscribers to the list will be in moderated mode at first, that
is, if you are new to the list, any message you post will need to be
approved by the list moderator before it goes out to the list.
3) Overtly commercial messages are not allowed. In unique situations,
messages offering a release for interested stations may be allowed, but
abuse of this will result in your messages being moderated or your
subscription terminated. Please inquire for permission prior to sending
out such emails.
4) Stations and radio hosts may post playlists to this list. Please
prefix your subject with PLAYLIST out of courtesy to those who wish to
engage in discussion only -- the primary purpose of this mailing list.
5) You are welcome to share news and review items of interest with the
list as long as you are not posting to promote your own product. We
encourage posting of breaking news items, but please refrain from
unsubstantiated information. However, if you have a question about
something, the members of this list include many people with first-hand
information who may be able to corroborate or refute information.
6) The list is not a Press Release distribution service. You may pass
along releases of interest that you receive -- especially those of an
educational, charitable, or otherwise news-worthy nature -- but please
DO NOT ask the list moderator to send out press releases for your
business or for a particular artist on your behalf. There are
professionals in the publicity business who would be happy to do so.
7) This list is not for the announcement of shows or gigs. Radio
stations may announce live programs they are airing, but with list
members spread among six continents, your local performance- will not be
of interest to most. Exceptions to this: at or around the time of major
conventions, shows may be announced up to two weeks before the event.
8) You may subscribe to either receive all messages posted or to receive
a daily digest of emails. There often will be 30 or more messages a day,
so if you don't want to receive that many, please subscribe to the
digest. The digest is sent out at around 4 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time (or
daylight time) each day.
9) This mailing list is mostly self-regulating. A community of people
has grown up around it and has created much of its own unwritten
netiquette. As a new member to the list, we suggest looking at the list
archives (see below) or reading a few days of posting if you are in
doubt about what is appropriate.
10) An archive of this list back to May 2004 is found online at:
11) Sponsorships are available to this list on a first-come, first
served basis. For rate information, please email jplsponsor at jazzweek.com.
More information about the jazzproglist