[JPL] Jazz with Don Gordon - KIPO - 9/17/07

dongordon at hawaii.rr.com dongordon at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Sep 18 05:54:26 EDT 2007

                Jazz with Don Gordon
KIPO – Honolulu – Monday September 17, 2007
8:00pm – Midnight
Don Gordon
KIPO
738 Keheka Street
Honolulu, HI 96814
www.dongordon.net

8:00pm
*South 9 Ensemble – The Llama – Get Me To The Church On Time – (self
released)
Weather Report – Heavy Weather – Havona – (Columbia)
*Roni Ben-Hur – Keepin’ It Open – Think Of One – (Motéma)
Phil Woods – The Rev And I – Red Top – (Blue Note)
*Akiko Tsuruga – Sweet And Funky – Sweet And Lonely – (18th & Vine)
Gene Harris – Philip Morris All-Stars – Cottontail – (Concord)
*New York Voices – A Day Like This – On A Clear Day – (MCG)
Kenny Barron – Sambao – On The Other Side – (Verve)
9:00pm
*Maynard Ferguson – The One And Only – The Days Of Wine And Roses –
(MFT)
Luis Salinas – Rosario – Muy Latino – (grp)
*Bill Mays – The Inventions Trio – Baubles, Bangle And Beads  –
(Palmetto)
Eliane Elias – Dreamer – Time Alone – (Bluebird)
Joe Magnarelli – Always There – I’m Old Fashioned – (Criss Cross)
Ron Escheté – In The Middle – Bluesette – (Rev Jazz)
*Mike Longo – Float Like A Butterfly – Girl Of My Dreams – (CAP)
Joe Sample – Best Of – Street Life – (Warner Bros.)
10:00pm
McCoy Tyner – What The World Needs Now – The Look Of Love – (Impulse)
*Onaje Allan Gumbs – Sack Full Of Dreams – People And Love – (18th &
Vine)
Tommy Flanagan – Something Borrowed, Something Blue – Peace – (Galaxy)
Vince Guaraldi – Vince Guaraldi/Bola Sete – Moon Rays – (Fantasy)
Richard “Groove” Holmes – Soul Message – Song For My Father –
(Prestige)
*Rueben Wilson – The Godfathers Of Groove – Sweet Home Chicago – (18th
& Vine)
*Frank Morgan – A Night In The Life – Hot House – (HighNote)
*Steve Khan – Borrowed Time – Moon And Sand – (Tone Center)
11:00pm
*Knoxville Jazz Orchestra – Blues Man From Memphis – Blues For Brother
Jerome – (Blue Canoe)
Herbie Mann – Sultry Serenade – Lazy Bones – (Riverside)
Dave Brubeck – Jazz At Oberlin – Stardust – (Fantasy)
Ben Webster – At The Renaissance – Georgia On My Mind – (Contemporary)
Ray Bryant – Alone With the Blues – Rockin’ Chair – (New Jazz)
Milt Jackson – Milt Jackson – The Nearness Of You – (Prestige)
Art Pepper – Winter Moon – Winter Moon – (Galaxy)
Oscar Peterson – The London Concert – I Get Along Without You Very
Well – (Pablo)
Christian Jacob – Styne & Mine – The Party’s Over – (Wilder)

*Indicates recent release