[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist 9/16

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Sep 18 09:49:24 EDT 2007

A bit late, but here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from
WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Duke Heitger     My Buddy           Swingville Sampler
Swingville

Original Salty Dogs    Wolverine Blues   New Orleans Shuffle         Delmark

Ezra Weiss    He Loves and She Loves                Get Happy
Roark

Gary Smulyan       Chick's Tune                  More Treasures
Reservoir

Mike Longo            Blue Spirits                 Float Like a Butterfly
CAP

Joe Henderson     Isotope        Monterey Jazz Festival Highlights
Monterey

Joe Henderson      Blue Bossa                        Profiles
Milestone

1:00AM

Thelonious Monk        We See               Straight, No Chaser
Columbia/Legacy

Holly Hofmann    Introspection/Eronel     Live at Athenaeum          Capri

Maria Schneider     Cerulean Skies                Sky Blue
Artist Share

Chris Jentsch     Follow That Cab            Brooklyn Suite
Fleur de Son

2:00AM

Chris Potter            Togo               Follow the Red Line
Sunnyside

Chris Potter      Estrellas del sur            Song for Anyone
Sunnyside

Michael Brecker     Timbuktu                 Wide Angles
Verve

Michael Brecker         Pilgrimage                (same)
Heads Up

Joshua Redman          East of the Sun         Back East
Nonesuch

David Sills              Moon and Sand               Green
Origin

3:00AM

Thelonious Monk         Monk's Mood          At Town Hall
Riverside

Helen Sung      Tango/Shall We Tango?       Sungbird
Sunnyside

Kassaba        Montagues and Capulets         Dark Eye
Kassaba

Bill Mays                         Fantasy                     (same)
Palmetto

Jacques Loussier        Arabesque             Plays Debussy
Telarc

4:00AM

Eberhard Weber     Birthday Suite     Stages of a Long Journey         ECM

Richard Galliano-Gary Burton  Operation Tango   If You Love Me  Cam Jazz

Gary Burton    Contrabajissimo                        Libertango
Concord

Astor Piazzolla       Fugata                              Adios Nonino
Circular Moves

5:00AM

Mal Waldron   Friday the Thirteenth      Interpretations of Monk      Koch

Mal Waldron-Jim Pepper     Blue Monk   Mal, Dance and Soul        Tutu

Chris Jentsch        See You in Bali                 Brooklyn Suite
Fleur de Son

Bobby Floyd    Your Basic Gospel Song

                                                  Notes to and from My
Friends          Chicken Coup

Jimmy Smith  The Preacher   Oliver Nelson:  Argo/Verve/Impulse   Mosiac

Tom Wolfe-Gene Bertoncini     I'll Remember April

                                                           Floating on the
Silence             Summit

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com