[JPL] pronounciations, Bronx

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Sep 18 15:20:59 EDT 2007

Ron wrote <<< Didn't this thread start about a month or so ago?
All this time I've been waiting for someone to bring up The Bronx...oh no,
what have I done?  >>>

I'll make a quick comment and then get out of dodge and allow Bronxite Bobby
Jax take over. Most of my relatives all lived in the Bronx from post WW2 til
the early 80s when they moved to Florida. My father being an adventurer
opted to move the family to So Cal after the Cuban Missle Crisis and Bay of
Pigs realizing we were not returning to Cuba, anyhow every other summer I
would spend it in the Bronx with my cousins. I have never heard any
alternative pronunciation for the Bronx, heck even in Spanish my aunts,
uncles and older cousins would call it El Bronx.

Arturo