[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Tuesday September 18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 18 21:57:20 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FN, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 18 2007

(Charlie Rouse) Lil' Rousin' - Unsung Hero - Charlie Rouse - Epic Records
- EK 46181

(Joe Sample) New Time Shuffle - The Best of the Jazz Crusaders - Pacific
Jazz - CDP 0777 7 89283 2 4

Kinyan - John Zorn's 50th Birthday Celebration - Masada String Trio: Mark
Feldman, Eric Freidlander, Greg Cohen - Tzadik Records

(David Hazeltine) Reverence - The Inspiration Suite - Sharp Nine Records -
CD-1039-2

(John Williams) Checkmate - The Best of Shelly Manne - Contemporary -
CCD-5715-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Little Girl Blue - Little Girl Blue - Nina Simone -
Bethlehem Jazz - 30042

(Josh Nelson) Colors - Let It go - Josh Nelson - Native Language -
NLM-0969-2

(Vic Young, Ned Washington) Stella by Starlight - Con Alma - Mark
Weinstein - Jazzheads - JH 1154

8:01 NPR News

(Blue Mitchell) Hip to It - A Sure Thing - Blue Mitchell - OJCCD-837-2

(Hank Mobley) Funk in Deep Freeze - Hank Mobley Quintet - Blue Note - CDP
7 46816 2

(Ramirez, Davis, Sherman) Lover Man - Count Basie & Sarah Vaughan -
Roulette Jazz - CDP 7243 8 37241 2 3

(Edgar Battle, Eddie Durham) Topsy - Oscar Peterson Plays Count Basie -
Verve - 314 519 811-2

(Colwell, MacKinnon) You Set Me on Fire / (Williams) Close to Five /
(Smith) Floyd's Guitar Blues - Andy Kirk and His Twelve Clouds of Joy -
Classics - 640

(Jimmie Davis, Charles Mitchell) You Are My Sunshine - The Original Misty
- Errol Garner - 834 910-2

(Ray Brant) Staccato Swing - Gone with Golson - Benny Golson -
Prestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-1850-2
(I. Kahal, S. Fain) I'll Be Seeing You  - Sonny Stitt: The Last Sessions
Volume 1 &  2 - 32Jazz - 32127

(Reggie Pace) Jalapena's on the Side - Where Is Stefan - NO BS Brass Band
- www.myspace.com/nobsbrass

9:01 NPR News

(Stuff Smith) You'se a Viper - Stuff Smith: The Mad Genius of the Violin
Volume 1 - Jazz Archives No. 108 - 158912

Three Little Words - Lester Young: The Kansas City Sessions - Commodore -
CMD-402

(Parish, Hudson, Mills) Organ Grinder Swing / ((Davis, Conrad, Robinson)
Margie - Rhythm Is Our Business - Jimmie Lunceford - ASV/Living Era - CD
AJA 5091

(Chopin) Revolutionary Etude, Etude in C Minor - People Will Say We're in
Love - Nicki Parrott and Rossano Sportiello - Arbors Jazz - ARCD-19355

(Billy Strayhorn) Chelsea Bridge - Business Man's Bounce - Bill Easley -
18th and Vine - 18V 1055

(Burke, Van Heusen) It Could Happen to You - Float Like a Butterfly - Mike
Longo - CAP 1006

(J. Murray, B. Oakland) If I Love Again - Music Maestro Please - Freddy
Cole - High Note - HCD-7168

(Buddy Johnson) I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone - Restless - Joe Cohn -
Arbors Records - ARCD-19329

(Lane Harburg) Old Devil Moon - The Eminent JJ Johnson Volume 2 - Blue
Note - CDP 7 81506 2

(George and Ira Gershwin) I Was Doing All Right - Carmen McRae Sings Great
American Songwriters - Decca Jazz - GRD-631

(Dedette Lee Hill, Willard Robison) Old Folks - I Ain't Looking at You -
Alvin Queen - Enja/Justin Time - JENJ-3329-2