[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Sep 22, 2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 19 20:55:36 EDT 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 22,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sep 22,2007

We have our annual birthday salute to John Coltrane for this show (a day early - born on Sept 23rd.) We're also featuring the radio documentary "A Love Supreme by Mos Def" the last two hours of the show tonight.

Hour 1

JOHN COLTRANE W/KENNY BURRELL - "Lyresto" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Rise N'Shine" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Straight Street" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

RED GARLAND/JOHN COLTRANE - "They Can't Take That Away from Me" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Lush Life" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

Hour 2

RED GARLAND W/JOHN COLTRANE - "Woody N'You" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

MILES DAVIS/JOHN COLTRANE - "Oleo" - Complete Miles and Trane - (Sony)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Blue Train" - Blue Train - (Blue Note)

MILES DAVIS - "Freddie Freeloader" - Kind of Blue - (Sony)

JOHN COLTRANE - "The Believer" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

Hour 3

JOHN COLTRANE/MILT JACKSON - "Bags & Trane" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Giant Steps" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Cousin Mary" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Naima" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

JOHN COLTRANE/JOHNNY HARTMAN - "Dedicated to You" - same - (Impulse)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Chim Chim Cheree" - The John Coltrane Quartet Plays - (Impulse)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Some Other Blues" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Mr Syms" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Syeeda's Song Flute" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

Hour 4

JOHN COLTRANE - "Acknowledgement" - A Love Supreme - (Impulse)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Afro Blue" - Coltrane Live at Birdland - (Impulse)

JOHN COLTRANE - "Greensleeves" - Africa Brass - (Impulse)

JOHN COLTRANE/JOHNNY HARTMAN - "Lush Life" - Same - (Impulse)

JOHN COLTRANE - "My Favorite Things" - The Heavyweight Champion - (Rhino)

Hour 5

"A LOVE SUPREME WITH MOS DEF" Radio Documentary Pt 1

Hour 6

"A LOVE SUPREME WITH MOS DEF" Radio Documentary Pt 2

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM