[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Wednesday September 19

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Sep 19 21:46:46 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, posted at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday September 19, 2007

(Jerome Kern, Otto Habachm Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh) I Won't Dance -
For Heaven's Sake - Pete Christlieb - CARS Productions - CP 0040

(Cal Tjader) Big Bear - Stan Getz with Cal Tjader - Fantasy - OJCCD-275-2

(Bud Powell) I'll Keep Loving You - Temple of Olympic Zeus - Eric
Alexander - High Note - HCD 7172

(Bud Powell) Un Poco Loco - Jazz - Wallace Roney - High Note - HCD 7174

(Bud Powell) Hallucinations / The Fruit - The Genius of Bud Powell - Verve
- 827 901- 2

Music from John Zorn 50th Anniversary Concert - Masada String Trio: Greg
Cohen, Eric Friedlander, Mark Feldman - Tzadik records  - www.Tzadik.com

(Oliver Nelson) Stolen Moments - Blues and the Abstract Truth - Oliver
Nelson - Impulse - IMPD-154

(Jimmy Smith) Prayer Meetin' - Prayer Meetin' - Jimmy Smith - Blue Note -
CDP 7 84164 2

8:01 NPR News

China Boy / Moon Glow - Django Reinhadt Volume 4 - JSP Records - CD 344

(Harry Woods) What a Little Moonlight Can Do - People Will Say We're in
Love - Nicki Parrott and Rossano Sportiello - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19335

(Jimmie Van Heusen, Eddie DeLange) Darn That Dream - Billy Taylor & Gerry
Mulligan  - Manchester Craftsmen's Guild - MCGJ 1025

Portrait of Dizzy: (Gillespie, Paparelli) Night in Tunisia / (Gillespie)
Woody 'n' You / (Gillespie) Con Alma / (Gil Fuller, Chano Pozo) Tin Tin
Deo - Marrakech in the Cool of the Evening - Randy Weston - Verve/Gitanes
- 314 521 588-2

(John Lewis) Django - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels - www.iporecordings.com

(Mingus) Slippers - A Modern Jazz Symposium of Music and Poetry with
Charles Mingus - Bethlehem - 20-40092

(Consuelo Velazuez) Besame Mucho - You and the Night and the Music -
Jackie Ryan - Open Art - OA - 07292
(George Cables) Love Song - You and the Night and the Music - Sonny
Fortune - 18th & Vine - 18V 1053

9:01 NPR News

(Lil Green) Romance in  the Dark - Champian - Champian Fulton with David
Berger and the Sultans of Swing - Such Sweet Thunder - SST 2205

(Joe Liggons) The Honeydripper - Night Train - Oscar Peterson - Verve -
314 521 440-2

(Vernon Duke, Ira Gershwin) I Can't Get Started - A Night at the Village
Vanguard - Sonny Rollins - Blue Note - 7243 4 99795 2 9

(Lawrence Clark) Judgement Day - Judgement Day Volume 2 - Survival Records
- SR 122

(Wayne Shorter) Virgo - Night Dreamer - Wayne Shorter - Blue Note - CDP 7
84173 2

(Mark Levine) La Coneja Loca - Con Alma - Mark Weinstein - Jazzheads - JH
1154

(Chris Potter) Viva Las Vilnius - Follow the Red Line - Chris Potter
Underground - Chris Potter - Sunnyside - SOC 3375

(Jimmy Dorsey, PM Mertz) I'm Glad There Is You - Don't Misunderstand
-Houston Person - High Note - HCD 7173

(Prevert, Kosma, Mercer) Autumn Leaves - Somethin' Else - Cannonball
Adderly and Miles Davis - Blue Note - 7243 4 95329 2 2