[JPL] "Monterey Jazz Festival"

Jayne Sanchez jaynesanchez at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 23:08:13 EDT 2007

Hi Doug!
I'll be emceeing the nightclub stage both Friday and Saturday nights.  I'll swing by and say hi during the day!
Jayne Sanchez
KCSM, Jazz Oasis

Doug Moody <doug at moodysmood.com> wrote: This week's JPL sponsor: Outside Shore Music    Wendy Fopeano ''Raining On The Roses''

''Wendy Fopeano sings with depth, creativity, and soul.'' Fred Hersch

Considered an exceptional singer by her peers, Wendy has surrounded herself with some of Denver's world-class talent for her second release on Outside Shore. The music spans a wide range of moods, rhythms, and tempos, from the exquisite beauty of Caminhos Cruzados to the wild ride of Caravan to the upbeat funkiness of David Murrays' ''Morning Song.''  Raised in Kansas City, Wendy started out playing bass, piano, trumpet and guitar before choosing voice as her main instrument. She currently hosts a show on jazz89 KUVO every weekday from 1 to 4 pm.

www.wendyfopeano.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
             If anyone on the list is headed to the Monterey Jazz Festival this weekend please stop by the
  Brother Thelonious booth and say hi.

  Doug Moody
  “Moody’s Mood”
  KMFB-FM