[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, September 20, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Sep 20 19:24:57 EDT 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, September 20, 2007

8:00 PM John Coltrane Interplay Freight Trane Prestige 1957 <a href=http://tinyurl.com/3dsj6p>Boston Herald article</a>

8:09 PM Waverly Seven Yo Bobby! It's You or No One Anzic 2007
8:14 PM Jackie Ryan You and the Night and the Music I Just Found Out About Love Open Art 2007
8:18 PM Bobby Hutcherson For Sentimental Reasons Along Came Betty Kind of Blue 2007

8:25 PM Joey DeFrancesco The Authorized Bootleg Ceora Concord Jazz 2007
8:39 PM Houston Person/Etta Jones Don't Misunderstand Exactly Like You High Note 1980/2007

8:46 PM John Coltrane Interplay Tenor Conclave Prestige 1957 <a href=http://tinyurl.com/3xz2rc>Los Angeles Times review of Coltrane: The Story of a Sound</a>

8:59 PM Mulgrew Miller Live at the Kennedy Center/Vol. 2 Grew's Tune Max Jazz 2007
9:12 PM Joe Belmont The Fellowship of Wes Unit 7 www.joebelmont.com 2007 Iron Horse 9/23

9:21 PM Richard Galliano If You Love Me Waltz for Debby CAM Jazz 2007
9:27 PM Carolyn Leonhart/Wayne Escoffery If Dreams Come True Dester Moonlight Nagel Heyer 2007
9:33 PM Lee Morgan Volume 2: Sextet Whisper Not Blue Note 1956/2007

9:43 PM Louis Armstrong Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival When It's Sleepytime Down South MJF 1958 <a href=http://tinyurl.com/2qjp6g>NPR feature on 2007 MJF</a>
9:46 PM Louis Armstrong Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival Indiana MJF 1958
9:50 PM Louis Armstrong Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival Blueberry Hill MJF 1958
9:53 PM Louis Armstrong Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival Tiger Rag MJF 1958

9:58 PM Jon Mayer So Many Stars Holy Land Reservoir 2007
10:04 PM Bruce Hornsby Camp Meeting Solar Legacy 2007
10:11 PM Duke Jordan Flight to Jordan Deacon Joe Blue Note 1960/2007

10:22 PM Antonio Sanchez Migration Did You Get It? CAM Jazz 2007
10:29 PM Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau Metheny Mehldau Quartet Night Away Nonesuch 2007

10:39 PM Mark Murphy Love Is What Stays Too Late Now Verve 2007 <a href=http://tinyurl.com/3x8vum>New Republic feature</a>
10:46 PM Tardo Hammer Look Stop & Listen If You Could See Me Now Sharp Nine 2007
10:53 PM Annette Sanders/Bob Florence You Will Be My Music You Will Be My Music MAMA 2007

Friday's highlights: Boston jazz legends Serge Chaloff, Boots Mussulli, and Herb Pomeroy; Thelonious Monk at the Monterey Jazz Festival; new releases by Eric Alexander, David Hazeltine, and Abbey Lincoln.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR