[JPL] Dobbin's Den - September 23rd # 644

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 21 11:11:55 EDT 2007

DOBBIN'S DEN

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 644

On today's show we hear from LENNIE TRISTANO, THELONIOUS MONK with STEVE SWALLOW plus items new to the show by JOAN STILES, EDDIE DANIELS and BRANFORD HAYES
Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [and archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
September 23, 2007

BLUE WISP BIG BAND

A NIGHT AT THE WISP [SEA BREEZE]

Sparks

20TH ANNIVERSARY [SEA BREEZE]

Well You Needn't

MILES DAVIS

MONTEREY HIGHLIGHTS - VOL. 1 [MONTEREY JAZZ FESTIVAL]

Autumn Leaves

THELONIOUS MONK (Steve Swallow)

MONTEREY HIGHLIGHTS - VOL. 1 [MONTEREY JAZZ FESTIVAL]

Rhythm-a-Ning

LOUIS ARMSTRONG (introduced by Dizzy Gillespie)

MONTEREY HIGHLIGHTS - VOL. 1 [MONTEREY JAZZ FESTIVAL]

When It's Sleepy Time Down South

ORNETTE COLEMAN

THE SHAPE OF JAZZ TO COME [ATLANTIC]

Lonely Woman

HELEN MERRILL

A SHADE OF DIFFERENCE [EmARCY]

Lonely Woman (Thad and Elvin Jones)

CAROL McCARTNEY

A NIGHT IN TUNISIA [MOXY]

*A Night In Tunisia

LENNIE TRISTANO (recorded Sept. 23, 1947]

INTUITION [PROPER BOX]

Ghost of a Chance

Spontaneous Combustion

Just Judy

MICHAEL CAMACHO

JUST FOR YOU [NEW FOUND RECORDS]

Norwegian Wood

CHET BAKER

EUROPA JAZZ - VOL. 1 [AMPLITUDE]

Estate

BRIAN LYNCH - EDDIE PALMIERI

SIMPATICO

Que Seria La Vida (with Lila Downs)

BRADORD HAYES

THE JAZZ LIFE [INTENSITY MUSIC]

Tunji's Blues

JOAN STILES

HURLY-BURLY [OO-BLA-DEE]

The Peacocks

EDDIE DANIELS

HOMECOMING [IPO]

Night and Day

MUHLEDY

ACTIVE  SLEEP [CELLAR LIVE]

*Active Sleep

CANADIAN CONTENT: 2 of 18

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)