[JPL] Vocalists

Michael Valentine mjazzer at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 16:47:36 EDT 2007

        I also like Allan Harris &  Rene Marie

"Jackson, Bobby" <Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org> wrote:  This week's JPL sponsor: Outside Shore Music Wendy Fopeano ''Raining On The Roses''

''Wendy Fopeano sings with depth, creativity, and soul.'' Fred Hersch

Considered an exceptional singer by her peers, Wendy has surrounded herself with some of Denver's world-class talent for her second release on Outside Shore. The music spans a wide range of moods, rhythms, and tempos, from the exquisite beauty of Caminhos Cruzados to the wild ride of Caravan to the upbeat funkiness of David Murrays' ''Morning Song.'' Raised in Kansas City, Wendy started out playing bass, piano, trumpet and guitar before choosing voice as her main instrument. She currently hosts a show on jazz89 KUVO every weekday from 1 to 4 pm.

www.wendyfopeano.com

I agree with you Jeff about the Dee Daniels. Her rendition of the Elvis
Presley tune was amazing and surprising. I dig the Allan Harris
also...
I also like the Rene Marie a lot! Haven't received the Dee Dee
Bridgewater yet but I'm excited about hearing it.

Bobby Jackson

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

Peace &  Jazz

    Michael A. Valentine