[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Friday September 21

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Sep 21 21:49:41 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday September 21, 2007

(Fitzgerald) Oh Boy I'm in the Groove - Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five
- Disc A: 1938-1940 - JSP Records - JSPCD905A

(Hoagy Carmichael, Stanley Adams) Sing Me a Swing Song and Let Me Dance -
Ella Fitzgerald: The Early Years Part 1 - Decca Jazz - GHD-2-618

(Waller, Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose - Count Basie: The Complete Decca
Recordings - Decca - GRD-3-611

(Ben Dixon) The Silver Meter - Along Came John - John Patton - Blue Note -
7243 8 31915 2 9

(Bobby Timmon) Soul Time - Soul Time - Bobby Timmons - Riverside -
OJCCD-820-2

(Josh Nelson) Loose End - Let It Go - Josh Nelson - Native Language -
NLM-0969-2

(McCoy Tyner) Walk Spirit, Talk Spirit - McCoy Tyner Quartet - McCoy Tyner
Music - 4533

(Edmond David Bacri, Michel Legrand, Johnny Mercer, Edward Roualt) Once
upon a Summertime - Oh You Crazy Moon - Chet Baker - Enja/Justin Time -
3304-2

(Pepper Adams) Bossa Nouveau - Dale Fielder Quartet PLays the Music of
Pepper Adams - Clarion Jazz - CJ 80707

8:01 NPR News

(Sam Savage) Getting the Boot - Where Is Stefan - No BS Brass Band -
www.myspace.com/nobsbrass

(Eddie Daniels) Chosen Words - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels -
www.iporecordings.com

(Bebo Valdes) Copla No 4 - Bebo de Cuba - Bebo Valdes - Calle 54 Records -
45400-2

Life Begins When You're in Love / A Fine Romance / Pennies from Heaven -
Lady Day: The Master Takes and Singles - Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy
- 88697 13178 2

(Youmans, Rose, Eliscu) Without a Song - The Art of Pepper - Art Pepper -
Blue Note - CDP 7 46853 2

(Lee Morgan) Speedball - The Gigolo Lee Morgan - Blue Note - CDP 7 84212 2
(Emil Boyd, Hale Smith) I Love Music - The Awakening - Ahmad Jamal -
Impulse - IMPD-226

9:01 NPR News

(Tadd Dameron) Our Delight - Look Stop and Listen - tardo Hammer - Sharp
Nine - CD-1040-2

(Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHigh) Exactly Like You - Don't Misunderstand Me -
Etta Jones and Houston Person - High Note - HCD-7173

(Ruby, Meyer) My Honey's Lovin' Arms - Duke Ellington Small Groups Volume
1 - Columbia/Legacy/Legacy - C2K 46995

I Thank You Mister Moon - Bunny Berigan: The Key Sessions CDA: 1931 - The
Boswell Sisters with Bunny Berigan and the Dorsey Brothers - JSP 917A

(George and Ira Gershwin) The Man I Love - The Essential Bnny Goodman -
Columbia/Bluebird/Legacy - 88697 09491 2

(Horace Silver) Pretty Eyes - The Cape Verdean Blues - Horace Silver -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84220 2

(Nelson Shawn, Ceasar Petrillo, M. Samuels) Jim - Oscar Peterson Trio +
One - Clark Terry Verve - 314 558 075-2

(Rodgers and Hart) My Funny Valentine - Stan Getz and JJ Johnson at the
Opera House - Verve - 831 272-2

(Percy Mayfield) Lost Mind Blues - Mose Allison: The Sage of Tippo - Mose
Allison -  32Jazz - 32068

(Miles Davis) Footprints - Miles Smiles -  Miles Davis - Columbia/Legacy -
CK 65682