[JPL] WWSP Weekly Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 23 16:03:14 EDT 2007

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 9/23/07

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
OUR VOICE MAIL SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE.

4 or more SPINS

4 Rashied Ali Quintet - Judgement Day Vol.2 - SR
4 Terence Blanchard - A Tale Of God's Will - Blue Note
4 Dee Daniels - Jazzinit - Origin
4 Ella Fitzgerald - Love Letters From Ella - Concord
5 Sonny Fortune - You & The Night & The Music - 18th & Vine
4 Richard Galliano Quartet - If You Love Me - CAM
4 Charles Gatschet - Step Lightly - Self produced
5 Tom Harrell - Light On - HighNote
5 Bruce Hornsby - Camp Meeting - Sony
5 Charlie Hunter Trio - Mistico - Fantasy/Concord
5 Etta Jones/Houston Person - Don't Misunderstand - HighNote
5 Nigel Kennedy - Blue Note Sessions - Blue Note
4 Hector Lavoe - La Voz - Emusica Records/Fania
4 Mike Longo Trio - Float Like A Butterfly - CAP
5 Russell Malone - Live At Jazz Standard Vol.2 - MaxJazz
4 Greta Matassa - The Smiling Hour - Origin
4 New York Voices - A Day Like This - MCG
4 Arturo O'Farill - Wonderful Discovery - MEII
5 Oregon - 1000 Kilometers - CAM
4 Pearl Django - Modern Times - Modern Hot Records
5 Wallace Roney - Jazz - HighNote
4 Jackie Ryan - You & The Night & The Music - Open Art
5 Soulive - No Place Like Soul - Stax/Concord
4 Luciana Souza - The New Bossa Nova - Verve
5 Helen Sung - Sungbird - Sunnyside
5 Billy Taylor & Gerry Mulligan - Live At MCG - MCG

2 - 3 Spins

3 Paul Bley - Solo In Mondsee - ECM
2 Tom Braxton - Imagine This - Pacific Coast Jazz
3 Bring Back Pluto - Nine -
3 Amanda Carr - Soon - OMS Records
2 Greg Chako - Paint A Picture, Tell A Story - Self Produced
2 Sandy Dennison - Jazzed - Self Produced
3 Mary Ann Douglas - Unfinished Business - Magdalane Records
3 Jan Eisen - Summer Me, Winter Me - One Take
2 Dale Fielder Quartet - Plays The Music Of Pepper Adams - Clarion
3 Bobby Floyd - Notes To & From My Friends - Chicken Coup
3 Andreas Hagiioannu - Far & Wide - Impala Marque
3 Happy Apple - Happy Apple Back On Top -Sunnyside
3 Gloria Lynne - From My Heart To Yours - HighNote2 Manhattan New Music Project - Jazz Cyles - MNMP
3 Bill Mays - Fantasy - Palmetto
2 Bill McHenry - Roses - Sunnyside
3 Sophie Milman - Make Someone Happy - Koch
2 Steve Miller/Lol Coxhill - The Story So Far... - Cuneiform/Rune
3 Oliver Mtukudzi - Tsimba Itsoka - Heads Up
2 Gail Pettis - May I Come In? - OA2
3 Tienke Postma - A Journey That Matters - Foriegn Media Jazz
3 Chris Potter - Follow The Red Line - Sunnyside
2 Chris Potter - 10 Songs For Anyone - Sunnyside
3 Daniel Bernard Roumain - Etudes4violin&electronix - Thirsty Ear
2 Rob Ryndak - A Reason To Smile - Pacific Coast Jazz
3 Antonio Sanchez - Migration - CAM
2 Annette Sanders/Bob Florence - You Will Be My Music - MAMA
3 Christian Scott - Anthem - Concord
2 Matthew Shipp - Vortex - Thirsty Ear
3 Shook/Russo Trio - Introducing The Fab Trio - Summit
2 Curtis Stigers - Real Emotional - Concord
2 John Surman - The Spaces In Between - ECM
3 Dotti Anita Taylor - A Morning Glory - Self Produced
3 Various - Live At The Monterey Jazz Festival Highlights, Vol. 1 - MJF
2 Chris Wabich - Jade Vision - Sea Breeze
2 Chris Walden Big Band & St. Johns Choir - Kurt Marti Suite - Origin
3 Ezra Weiss - Get Happy - Roark
2 Carol Welsman - Selftitled - Justin Time

ADDDS WEEK OF 9/23/07

Federico Aubele - Panamericana - ESL
Billy Bang - Above & Beyond - Justin Time
Dee Dee Bridgewater - Red Earth - Emarcy/DDB
Yashmin Charnet-Abler - Remember Me - Bossa Nova Music
M.D. - The On The Corner Sessions - Columbia
Wendy Fopeano - Raining On The Roses - Outside Shore Music
Joe Friedman - Cup O'Joe - NAS Music
Bob Hanilton Trio - WixWax - Capri Records
Allan Harris - Nat King Cole: Long Live The King - Love Productions
Bradford Hayes - The Jazz Life - Intensity Music
Alex Levin Trio - A Reason For Being Alone - Apology Records
Jacques Schwarz-Bart - Sone' Ka-La - Emarcy
Jeannie Tanner - Tanner Time - Tanner Time Records
Melani L. Skybell - Just A Chase Away - Self Produced
Miss Tess - When Tomorrow Comes - Patuxent Music
Chris Taylor Trio With Mark Adler - Girl Of My Dreams - Sweet Pea
Various - RVG Series Sampler - Bluenote

**** The next ADD date for WWSP is 9/30/07. We will have space for 15 discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. ***

All discs chart for 7-8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support of WWSP 90fm.

Russ

Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481