[JPL] PLAYLIST: 09-23-07 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin Boddie bfboddie at msn.com
Sun Sep 23 19:11:19 EDT 2007

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>

Sunday Jazz Matinee
For The Love Of Jazz
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
John Coltrane - Acknowledgement - A Love Supreme - MCA/Impulse - 1964
John Coltrane - Naima - Giant Steps - Atlantic Records - 1960
Johnny Hodges & His Orchestra - Thru For The Night - The Last Giant - Atlantic Jazz - 1993
Thelonious Monk - Ruby, My Dear - Thelonius Monk With John Coltrane - Riverside Records - 1992
John Coltrane - Stardust - Plays For Lovers - Prestige - 2004
John Coltrane - The Night We Called It A Day - The Heavyweight Champion - Atlantic Records - 1995
John Coltrane - Mr. Sims - The Heavyweight Champion - Atlantic Records - 1995
John Coltrane - Straight Street - John Coltrane - Heavyweight Champion - 1995

1:00
John Coltrane - Blue Train - Blue Train - Blue Note - 1997
Miles Davis - Bye Bye Blackbird - Cool & Collected - Columbia/Legacy - 2006
Duke Ellington - In A Sentimental Mood - Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - MCA/GRP Records - 1995
John Coltrane - Say It (Over and Over Again) - Ballads - 1995
John Coltrane - Equinox - The Heavyweight Champion - Atlantic Jazz - 1995
John Coltrane - Pristine - Best Of The Bethlehem Sessions - Avenue Jazz - 2001
John Coltrane - Village Blues - The Heavyweight Champion - Atlantic Jazz - 1995

2:00
John Coltrane - Seraphic Light - Stellar Regions - MCA/GRP - 1995
John Coltrane - Africa - The Complete Africa/Brass Sessions - MCA/GRP - 1995
John Coltrane - Giant Steps - Giant Steps - Atlantic Recordings - 1960
Miles Davis Quintet - Tranes Blues - Prestige Quintet Sessions - Concord Jazz - 2006
Thelonious Monk - Trinkle, Tinkle - Thelonious Monk With John Coltrane - Riverside Records - 1992
John Coltrane - What's New - Ballads - MCA/GRP - 1995

3:00
John Coltrane - My Favorite Things - My Favorite Things - Atlantic Recordings - 1961
John Coltrane - Dearly Beloved - Sun Ship - MCA/GRP - 1995
John Coltrane - Central Park West - The Heavyweight Champion - Atlantic Records - 1995
John Coltrane - Cousin Mary - Giant Steps - Atlantic Recording - 1960
Alice Coltrane - Cresent - Translinear Light - Verve - 2004
Gil Scott-Heron and Brian Jackson - Trane - It's Your World - TVT Records - 2000