[JPL] This must be a first in jazz

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Sep 24 17:59:20 EDT 2007

The veteran percussionist, Sephardic Bobby Matos originally from The Bronx,
living in L A since the late 70s has released a new album, Bobby Matos's
Afro-Latin Ensemble for Life Force titled Gratitude. As always another high
caliber album with a fine homage to John W. Coltrane-Bronx Trane, nice take
on All Blues and other provocative selections including what I am sure is
the first tribute to egg creams in jazz, an original Bobby tune named Uncle
David's Egg Creams. A sidebar, as a tribute to his dual heritage, Matos'
long time publishing firm for his own compositions is Café con Bagels which
reminds me of the zany Slim Gaillard song, Dunkin' Bagels(Splash! in the
coffee)

Hmmm, all of a sudden I have a craving for an egg cream, I have seltzer,
milk and chocolate syrup, I need to find me some Fox's to be 100% authentic.

Arturo