[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Monday Sep 24

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Sep 24 21:55:58 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio. Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday September 24, 2007

(Tadd Dameron) Super Jet - Look Stop & Listen - Tardo Hammer - Sharp Nine
Records - CD-1040-2

(Cannonball Adderly) Wabash - Cannonball Adderly and John Coltrane -
EmArcy - 834 588-2

(Wayne Shorter) Noise in the Attic - Like Someone in Love - Art Blakey and
the Jazz Messengers - Blue Note - 7243 8 64470 2 9

(Traditional) La Paloma Azul - The Essential Dave Brubeck -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 86993

(Cole Porter) Why Shouldn't I - Anita O'Day Swings Cole Porter - Verve -
849 206-2

(Roland Alexander) Myzar - Junior's Cookin' - Junior Cook - Jazzland -
OJCCD-1002-2

(Duke Ellington) Warm Valley - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels Live at the
Iridium - www.iporecordings.com

(Adamson, McHugh) I Didn't Mean a Word I Said - Champian - Champian Fulton
with David Berger and the Sultans of Swing - Such Sweet Thunder - SST 2205

(Ray Noble) I Hadn't Anyone Till You - Restless - Joe Cohn - Arbors Jazz =
ARCD 19329

8:01 NPR News

(S. Williams, C. Williams) Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None of My Jelly Roll -
The Best of  Sidney Bechet - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 28891 2 0

(Roger Graham, Spencer Williams) I Ain't Got Nobody - Art Tatum: Classic
Early Solos (1934-1937) - Decca Jazz - GRD-607

Love Me or Leave Me - Billie Holiday: The Master Takes and Beyond - Billie
Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - 88697 13178 2

(Heyman, Sour, Eyton, Green) Body  and Soul - Berry Story - Chu Berry -
Jazz Archives No. 21 - 157382

(Gershwin) Soon - Tubby Hayes with Clark Terry: The New York Sessions -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 45446

(Kern, Hammerstein) All the Things You Are - Billy Taylor & Gerry Mullugan
Live at MCG - Manchester Craftsmen's Guild Jazz - MCGJ 1025

(Bill Mays) Fantasy (Mvt. 1) - Fantasy - The Inventions trio - Bill Mays -
Palmetto - PM 2128

(Bernie Pinkard) Sweet Georgia Brown - You and the Night and the Music -
Sonny Fortune - 18th and Vine - 18V 1053

(Brook, Razaf, Waller) Ain't Misbehavin' - Don't Misunderstand - Etta
Jones and Houston Person - High Note - HCD 7173

(Williams, Williams) Royal Garden Blues - Duke Ellington & Johnny Hodges
Play the Blues Back to Back - Verve - 823 627-2

(Avery Parirish) After Hours - Tuxedo Junction - Erskine Hawkins -
Bluebird - 0863 61069-2

9:01 NPR News

(Bernsteinm Comden, Green) Some Other Time - Temple of Olympic Zeus - Eric
Alexander - High Note - HCD 7172

(Leonard Bernstein, R. Wilbur) Glitter and Be Gay - Somewhere - Bill
Charlap - Blue Note - 7243 5 94807 2 5

(Leonard Bernstein, Sephen Sondheim) Taunting Scene - Stan Kenton's West
Side Story - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 8 29914 2 7

(Freddie Hubbard) Jodo - Blue Spirits - Freddie Hubbard - Blue Note - CDP
7 46545 2

(Greg Chako) With Full Heart and Teary Eyes - Paint a Picture, tell a
Story - Greg Chako - CP-88-8

(Serge Gainsbourg) C'est Petits Riens - Breakfast on the Morning Tram -
Stacey Kent - Blue Note - 50999 5 01611 2 6

(Reinhardt, Grapelli) Stompin' at Decca - Django Reinhardt Volume 2: The
London Deccas (1938 & 1939) - Django Reinhardt, Stephane Grapelli - JSP
Records - CD 342

(Clapp) Girl of My Dreams - Float Like a Butterfly - Mike Longo - CAP -
1006

(Otto Harbach, Jerome Kern) Yesterdays - Notes to and from My Friends -
Bobby Floyd - Chicken Coup Records - CCP 7008

(Ray Noble) The Touch of Your Lips - The Tony Bennett / Bill Evans Album -
Fantasy - OJCCD-439-2