[JPL] Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist - Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ron J Pelletier ron.pelletier at gallery41.com
Tue Sep 25 19:37:01 EDT 2007

Before the “Playlist”, I want to say The Monterey Jazz Festival was indeed
terrific.  There were many wonderful performances.  However THE highlight
for me, no question for me and many thousands of the other Jazz fans in the
arena that night, was Terence Blanchard’s performance from Tale Of God’s
Will on Saturday night.  It was absolutely the most moving, most spiritual,
most majestic, magical, heartfelt performance I’ve ever experienced there in
Monterey or anywhere else for that matter.  I could keep trying, but there
is no single word to describe it.

Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist – Tuesday, September 25, 2007
2 PM – 4 PM Pacific

*	Edward Peterson / Objects In The Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear /
Upward Spiral (Delmark)
*	Stacey Kent / Never Let Me Go / Breakfast On The Morning Tram (Blue Note)
*	Kenny Wheeler / Hi-Yo / 1976 (Just A Memory Records)
*	Lester Bowie / Unchained Melody / When The Spirit Returns (Dreyfus)
*	Michael Carvin / Forest Flower / Marsalis Music Honors (Rounder)
*	Marty Ehrlich & Myra Melford / Hymn / Spark! (Palmetto)
*	Yoron Israel & Organic / Lonnie’s Lament / Basic Traneing (Ronja)
*	Bobo Stenson / Mindiatyr / Reflections (ECM)
*	Julie Hardy / Meaning Of The Blues / The Wish (World Culture Music)
*	Mike Moreno / World Of The Marionettes / Between The Lines (World Culture
Music)
*	Rashied Ali / Judgement Day / Judgement Day Vol. 1 (Survival)
*	Jason Lindner Big Band / Life Light / Live At The Jazz Gallery (Anzic)
*	David Berkman Quartet / Mean Things Happening In This World / Start Here,
Finish There (Palmetto)
*	David Berkman Quartet / Iraq / Start Here, Finish There (Palmetto)

Recent adds to our rotation - streaming and available 24/7/365:

*	Mike Moreno / Between The Lines (World Culture Music)
*	Jason Lindner Big Band / Live At The Jazz Gallery (Anzic)
*	Marcus Strickland / Open Reel Deck (Strick Muzik)
*	Marty Erlich & Myra Melford / Spark! (Palmetto)
*	Bill Mays Inventions Trio / Fantasy (Palmetto)

Ron Pelletier - “Jazz from Gallery 41”
Streaming 24/7 – Broadcasting Live From Our Studios
Overlooking The San Francisco Bay.
Check Our Broadcast Schedule For Times

Send Submissions for Airplay to:
Gallery 41
PO Box 8415
Berkeley, CA 94707

Looking forward.
Ron J. Pelletier
Gallery 41 <http://www.gallery41.com/>
PO Box 8415; Berkeley, CA 94707
Tel: 510.528.0326 / Fax: 510.528.6777
Straight Ahead & Strive For Tone - A Jazz Blog
<http://jazzfromgallery41.blogspot.com/>