[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tue 9-25

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 25 21:51:31 EDT 2007

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastation.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay consderation to the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon

WCVE-FM
23 Sesane Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 25, 2007

(Denzil Best) Move - Settin' the Pace - Wardell Gray with Dexter Gordon -
Proper Box - 16

When You're Sniling / It All Depends on You - Frank Sinatra: A Voice in
Time (1939-1952) - Columbia/RCA Victor/Legacy - 88697 14223 2

(Eubie Blake, Andy Razaf) Memories of You - The Definitive George Shearing
- Verve - 314 589 857-2

(Charles Earland) Sister Sadie - Funky Pieces of Silver: The Horace Silver
Songbook - Charles Earland - High Note - HCD 7176

(Bobby Hutcherson) Gotcha - Con Alma - Mark Weinstein - Jazzheads - JH
1154

(McCoy Tyner) Mellow Minor - McCoy Tyner Quartet - Half Note/McCoy Tyner
Music - 4533

(Buddy Johnson) I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone - Restless - Joe Cohn -
Arbors Records

(Johnston, Coslow) My Old Flame - Jazz Contrasts - Kenny Dorham -
Riverside - OJCCD-028-2

8:01 NPR News

(Ray Noble) The Touch of Your Lips - Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson -
Verve - 829 167-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Strike up the Band - Warm Cool: The Atlantic
Years - Chris Connor - 32Jazz - 32108

(Miles Davis, Bill Evans) Nardis - Bill Evans: The Paris Concert - Blue
Note - 7243 5 28672 2 6

(Gershwin) The Half of It Dearie Blues - The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song
Books - Verve - 314 519 832-2

(Ceasar, Lerner, Marks) Oh, Susannah, Dust off That Old Pianna - Ain't
Misbehavin' - Fats Waller - ASV/Living Era - CD AJA 5174

(Roy Turk, Fred Ahlert) Love You Funny Thing - Louis Armstrong Sings -
Louis Armstrong - Columbia/Legacy - CK 65039

(Lester Young) Tickle Toe - The Essential Count Basie Volume 2 - Columbia
- CK 40835

(Red Norvo) Jivin' the Jeep - Red Norvo - Featuring Mildred Bailey -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 53424

(Ted Koehler, Harold Arlen) Get Happy / (Eugene Lockhart, Ernest Seitz)
The World Is Waiting for the Sunrise - The Essential Benny Goodman - 88697
09491 2

(Fiorito, Kahn) I Never Knew - Virtuoso in New York - Joe Pass - Pablo -
PACD-2310-979-2

9:01 NPR News

(Dave Brubeck) In Your Own Sweet Way - Keith Jarrett at the Blue Note: The
Complete Recordings Friday June 3, 1994 1st Set - ECM 1575 78118-21575-2

(Dmitri Tiomkin, Ned Washington) Wild Is the Wind - You and the Night and
the Music - Jackie Ryan - Open Art - OA 07292

(Cannonball Adderly) Them Dirty Blues  - Them Dirty Blues - Cannonball
Adderly - Landmark - LCD 1301-2

(Cedar Walton) Holy Land - So Many Stars - Jon Mayer - Reservoir - RSRE CD
191

(Heyman, Sourm Eyton, Green) Body and Soul - Candid Dolphy - Eric Dolphy
with Mingus et al - Candid - 79033

(Eddie Daniels) Love's Long Journey - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels Live at
the Iridium - www.iporecordings.com