[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday Sep 27

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Sep 27 21:51:28 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, posted at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below,

Thanls

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171
WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday September 27, 2007

(Jellyroll Morton) Wolverine Blues - Midnight in Moscow/The Roaring
Twenties - Eddie Condon - Collectables - COL-CD-7527

(Joe Cohn, Harry Allen) Never Look Back - Restless - Joe Cohn - Arbors
Jazz - ARCD-19329

(Chano Pozo, Gil Fuller) Tin Tin Deo - Roots of Afro Cuban Jazz - James
Moody - Blue Note - 7243 5 31379 2 2

(Carr, Kennedy) South of the Border - Latinsville - Victor Feldman -
Contemporary - CCD-9005-2

(Cole Porter) What Is This Thing Called Love - Progressions: 100 Years of
Jazz Guitar - George Van Eps - Columbia/Legacy - CK 86462

(Van McCoy) Either Way I Lose - Four Women: The Nina Simone Philips
Recordings - Nina Simone - Verve - 440 065 021- 2

(Lawrencem Tinturin) Foolin' Myself - Motion - Lee Konitz - Verve - 440
065 510-2

(Djalma Ferreira) Recado Bossa Nova - Keepin' It Open - Roni Ben-Hur -
Motema - MTM-00010

(Moacir Santos, Vinicius de Moraes) Lembre-Se - Muiza Adnet Sings Moacir
Santos - Adventure Music - AM 1032 2

(Vernon Duke, J. Latouche, T. Fetter) Taking a Chance on Love - Bud Powell
Live at the Blue Note Café, Paris, 1961 - ESP-Disk

8:01 NPR News

(Charles Mingus) Haitian Fight Song - The Clown - Charles Mingus -
Atlantic Jazz - 90142-2

(Haymes, Brandt) Help a Good Girl Go Bad - May I Come in? - Gail Pettis -
OA2 Records - 22038

(Cole Porter) All of You - So Many Stars - Jon Mayer - Reservoir - RSR CD
191

(Frank Loesser) If I Were a Bell - The Miles Davis Quintet: The Legendary
Prestige Sessions - Prestige - PRCD-4-4444-2

(Ray Noble) The Very Thought of You - Tony Bennett Sings the Ultimate
American Songbook - Tony Bennett with Bobby Hackett - RPM
Records/Columbia/Leacy - 88697 15320 2

(Ellington, Tizol, Mills) Caravan - Mostly Duke - Milt Jackson - Pablo -
PACD-2310-944-2

(Ellington) Work Song / Come Sunday - The Duke Ellington Centennial
Collection - The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1927 - 1973) - RCA Victor
- 09026 63386-2

(Cole Porter) All of You - So Many Stars - Jon Mayer - Reservoir - RSR CD
191

It Seems to Me I've Heard That Song Before - Frank Sinatra (1939-1952) -
Columbia/RCA Victor/Legacy - 88697 14223 2

9:01 NPR News

(Freddie Hubbard) Crisis - Bobo's Beat - Willie Bobo - Roulette Jazz -
7243 5 84191 2 2

(Herbie Hancock) Dolphin Dance - Maiden Voyage - Blue Note - CDP 7 46339 2

(Goodman, Mills, Sampson) If Dreams Come True - If Dreams Come True -
Carolyn Leonhart and Wayne Escoffery - Nagel Heyer - 2078

(Mike Patterson) Not Alone - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels Live at the
Iridium - www.iporecordings.com

(D. Hathaway, E. Howard) Some Day We'll All Be Free - Temple of Olympic
Zeus - Eric Alexander - High Note - HCD-7172

(George and Ira Gershwin) But Not for Me - Quintessence Volume 1 - Concord
Jazz - CCD-4807-2

(Billy Higgins) Marilyn's Dilemna - Paint a Picture, Tell a Story - Greg
Chako - Chako Productions - CP-88-8

(Bill Mays) Fantasy (Mvt. 3) - Inventions Trio - Bill Mays, Marvin Stamm,
Alisa Horn -0 Palmetto Records - PM 2128