[JPL] Playlist Friday September 28, 2007

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Sep 28 21:49:30 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist fromn WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday September 29, 2007

(Young, Oliver) Easy Does It - Buddy and Sweets - Budy Rich and Sweets
Edison - Norgran Records - MGN-1038

(Irving Berlin) Let Yourself Go - The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Songbooks:
Irving Berlin  - Verve  - 315 519 832-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Lover - Charlie Parker with Strings: The Master Takes -
Verve -  314 523 984-2

(Miles Davis) Freddie Freeloader - Kind of Blue - Miles Davis -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 64935

(David Hazeltine) Insight - The Inspiration Suite - David Hazeltine -
Sharp Nine Records - CD-1039-2

(Joe Henderson) Carribbean Fire Dance - Mode for Joe - Joe Henderson -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84227 2

(Tom McIntosh) Cup Bearers - Confirmation - Tommy Flanagan - Enja - 4014 2

(Johnny Mercer, Richard Whiting) Too Marvelous for Words - Restless - Joe
Cohn - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19329

(Dameron, Sigman) If You Could See Me Now - Soon - Amanda Carr - OMS
Records - OMS 0920

8:01 NPR News

(Cole Porter) Night and Day - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels Live at the
Iridium - Eddie Daniels - www.iporecordings.com

(Greg Osby) Vertical Hold - Channel Three - Greg Osby - Blu Note - 7243 8
60671 2 8

(Thelonious Monk) Pannonica - Brilliant Corners - Thelonious Monk -
Riverside -OJCCD-026-2

(Schwandt, Andres, Kahn) Dream a Little Dream of Me - The Complete Capitol
Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic - 138 Disc XI

(Christian, Mundy, Christian) Solo Flight - Charlie Christian: The Genius
of the Electric Guitar - Columbia - C4K 65564

(Akst) Am I Blue - Lady Day: The Master Takes and Singles -
Columbia/Legacy - 88697 13178 2

(Johnston, Coslow) Live and Love Tonight - The Essential Count Basie
Volume 1 - Columbia - CK 40608

(Goodman, Hampton) Flying Home - The Legendary Decca Recordings of Lionel
Hampton - Hamp - Decca - GRD-2-652

(Landesman, Wolf) Spring Can Really Hang You up the Most - So Many Stars -
Jon Mayer - Reservoir - RSR CD 191

(Hank Marr) Your Basic Gospel Song - Notes to and from My Friends - Bobby
Floyd - Chicken Coup Records - CCP 7008

9:01 NPR News

(Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn) Love Me or Leave Me - Pleyel Concert Volume 1
- Gerry Mulligan - BMG - 74321 409422

(Moacir Santos) Off and on - Muiza Adnet Sings Moacir Santos - Adventure
Music - AM 1032 2

(Rossano Sportiello) Why Did You Tell Me I Love You / (Gaskill,McHugh) I
Can't Believe That You're in Love with Me - People Will Say We're in Love
- Rossano Sportiello and Nicki Parrott - Arbors records - ARCD 19335

(Al Dubin, Victor Herbert) Indian Summer - Keepin' It Open - Roni Ben Hur
- Motema - MTM 00010

(J.J. Johnson) Fatback - J.J. Inc. - J.J. Johnson - Columbia/Legacy - CK
65296

(Maria Schneider) Lately - Days of Wine and Roses - Maria Schneider -
Artist Share - 0017

(Torme, Wells) Born to Be Blue - Eddie Harris: Greater Than the Sum of His
Parts - Eddie Harris - 32Jazz - 32067

(O. A. Gumbs) Every Time I See You  - Float Like a Butterfly - Mike Longo
Trio - CAP - 1006

(Hoagy Carmichael) I Get along without You Very Well - In the Wee Small
Hours - Ruby Braff and Strings - Arbors - ARCD 19219