[JPL] A question about a jazz radio documentary

Al Karia jctrane at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 12:17:46 EDT 2007

Arturo
    I would opt for a male voice speaking the lines of (male) jazz
musicians. The main reason would be to maintain an audio contrast between
the female narrator's words and those words that are direct "quotes" that
are outside the text. (This wouldn't work so well if you intend to have
quotes from female musicians/singers...perhaps another female voice to do
those lines?)
     As to the other issue: mispronouciations. Are we talking about a
Spanish accent on English words/names? This would be comparable to the
'accent' that Anglophones demonstrate when they (I) attempt to say Spanish
words. (Compare the way English and Spanish speakers pronounce 'Nicaragua').
To me, that would be OK.
     But if the mispronouciations come from the narrator's unfamiliarity
with the words/names, its time for some wood-shedding.
     that's my 2 cents (plain).      Gene Abkarian  KRFC