[JPL] Songwriters Birthdays - October

dick lapalm dlpjazz at thegrid.net
Sun Sep 30 14:27:21 EDT 2007

SONGWRITERS BIRTHDAYS - OCTOBER

Oct. 3  (1908)   Johnny Burke    Lyrics:    Here's That Rainy Day,
Misty, Like Someone In Love, Polka Dots and Moonbeams, It Could Happen
To You.

Oct. 3  (1916)   David Mann    Music:    In The Wee Small Hours of the
Morning, There I've Said It Again, Don't Go To Strangers, No Moon At All.

Oct. 6  (1893)   Milton Ager    Music:    Happy Days Are Here Again,
What Good Am I Without You, Hard-Hearted Hannah, I'm Nobody's Baby

Oct. 7  (1900)   Ralph Rainger    Music:    If I Should Lose You, With
Every Breath I Take, Ebb Tide, June In January, Easy Living.

Oct. 9  (1940)   John Lennon    Music & Lyrics:    Imagine, Fool On The
Hill, Eleanor Rigby, Michelle, Penny Lane.

Oct. 9  (1948)   Jackson Browne    Music & Lyrics:    That Girl Could
Sing, Doctor My Eyes, Running On Empty, The Pretender

Oct. 10  (1903)   Vernon Duke    Music:    April In Paris, I Can't Get
Started, What Is There To Say, Taking A Chance On Love.  Music &
Lyrics:  Autumn In New York.

Oct. 10  (1908)   Johnny Green    Music:    Body and Soul, I Cover The
Waterfront, Out of Nowhere, You're Mine You, Coquette.

Oct. 10  (1917)   Thelonious Monk   Music:    'Round Midnight, Straight
No Chaser, Ruby My Dear, Well You Needn't, Off Minor.

Oct. 11  (1913)   Sunny Skylar    Music & Lyrics:    You're Breaking My
Heart, Waitin' For The Train To Come In, Are These Really Mine?, Gotta
Be This Or That.

Oct. 13  (1920)   Albert Hague    Music:   Young And Foolish, Just For
Once.

Oct. 13  (1941)   Paul Simon    Music & Lyrics:    Fifty Ways To Leave
Your Lover, The Sound of Silence, Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Mrs.
Robinson, Still Crazy After All These Years

Oct. 14  (1889)   Spencer Williams   Music:    Squeeze Me, I Found A New
Baby, Basin Street Blues, I Ain't Got Nobody.

Oct. 15  (1922)   Robert Wells    Music:   When Joanna Loved Me, Here's
to the Losers.  Lyrics:  The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an
Open Fire), Born to be Blue, >From Here to Eternity.

Oct. 18  (1918)   Bobby Troup   Music & Lyrics:    Route 66, Baby Baby
All The Time, You're Lookin' At Me, The Meaning of The Blues.  Lyrics:
Girl Talk.

Oct. 18  (1948)   Laura Nyro    Music & Lyrics:    Stoney End, And When
I Die, Wedding Bell Blues, Eli's Coming.

Oct. 19  (1918)   Jack Segal    Lyrics:    When Sunny Gets Blue,
Scarlet Ribbons, When Joanna Loved Me, Here's To The Losers.  Music &
Lyrics:  More Love.

Oct. 20  (1901)   Frank Churchill     Music:     Whistle While You Work,
Someday My Prince Will Come, Heigh Ho, Love Is a Song.

Oct. 21  (1927)   Fran Landesman   Lyrics:     Spring Can Really Hang
You Up The Most, Ballad Of The Sad Young Men, There Are Days When I
Don't Think of You At All, This Life We've Led, Nothing Like You.

Oct. 22  (1914)   Sylvia Dee    Lyrics:    My Sugar Is So Refined, Too
Young, A House With Love In It.

Oct. 25  (1885)   Sammy Lewis    Lyrics:    Gloomy Sunday, For All We
Know,  Just Friends, I'm Sitting On Top of The World.

Oct. 28  (1912)   Arthur Altman   Music:    All Or Nothing At All, The
Green Years, American Beauty Rose.

Warm wishes,
Dick LaPalm