[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, April 1, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Apr 1 19:03:58 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Golden Anniversary: The Freedom Suite by Sonny Rollins; Duke Jordan, b. 4/1/22

8:00 PM Sonny Rollins Sonny Please Park Avenue Parade Doxy 2007

8:09 PM Clifford Brown & Max Roach At Basin Street I'll Remember April EmArcy 1956
8:18 PM Judy Wexler Dreams and Shadows Delilah Jazzed Media 2008 http://tinyurl.com/3ypcmx NPR feature

8:25 PM Howard Alden & Ken Peplowski Pow Wow Who Knows Arbors 2008
8:27 PM Rafi Malkiel My Island Black and Tan Fantasy Raftone 2007
8:32 PM Bill Easley Business Man's Bounce Memphis Blues 18th and Vine 2007

8:41 PM Meredith D'Ambrosio Beware of Spring! Fools Fall in Love Sunnyside 1994
8:45 PM Meredith D'Ambrosio Love is for the Birds Tell This Poor Fool Sunnyside 2002
8:50 PM Eliane Elias Something for You My Foolish Heart Blue Note 2007
8:55 PM Frank Sinatra Where Are You? I'm a Fool to Want You Capitol 1958

9:03 PM Sonny Rollins The Freedom Suite The Freedom Suite Riverside 1958

9:25 PM Duke Jordan Flight to Jordan Deacon Joe Blue Note 1960 http://tinyurl.com/2woh7d Hard Bop Homepage feature
9:33 PM Duke Jordan Trio & Quintet Forecast Savoy Jazz 1955
9:37 PM Duke Jordan Trio & Quintet Yesterdays Savoy Jazz 1955
9:42 PM Charlie Parker Savoy & Dial Recordings Embraceable You Savoy Jazz 1948
9:46 PM Duke Jordan Duke's Delight Undecided Lady Steeplechase 1975

  9:57 PM Sonny Rollins The Freedom Suite Someday I'll Find You Riverside 1958
10:02 PM Sonny Rollins The Freedom Suite Will You Still Be Mine? Riverside 1958
10:05 PM Sonny Rollins The Freedom Suite Till There Was You Riverside 1958
10:09 PM Sonny Rollins The Freedom Suite Shadow Waltz Riverside 1958 http://tinyurl.com/2v6pyu NPR feature
10:13 PM Sonny Rollins The Freedom Suite Till There Was You Riverside 1958

10:20 PM Charles Lloyd Rabo de Nube Migration of Spirit ECM 2008
10:30 PM Bob Mintzer Live at MCG with Kurt Elling My Foolish Heart MCG 2004
10:36 PM Jimmy Greene Gifts and Givers Forever Criss Cross Jazz 2007

10:47 PM Fleurine San Francisco The Roses Sunnyside 2008
10:53 PM Pat Metheny Day Trip Snova nonesuch 2008

Wednesday: birthday tributes to trumpeter Booker Little and guitarist Larry Coryell

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR