[JPL] Playlist WCVE Tuesday April 1 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Apr 1 21:53:18 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
8040 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday April 1, 2008

7:06 Capitol Steps

7:35 (Sy Oliver) The Minor Goes Muggin' / (Inez James, Sidney Miller) Come
to Baby Do - The Duke Ellington Centennial Edition: Complete RCA Victor
Recording 1927- 1973  Disc 15 - RCA Victor - 09026 63386-2

(E. Durham, E. Battle) Topsy - The Blue Note Swingtets - Blue Note - CDP
7243 4 965697 2 0

(Hampton, Goodman, Robin) Flying Home - Bird: the Complete Charlie Parker
on Verve - Jazz at the Philharmonic with Ella Fitzgerald - Verve - 837
142-2

(Charlie Parker) Now's the Time - Clifford Brown: the Complete Blue Note
and Pacific Jazz Recordings - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 34195 2 4

8:01 NPR News

(John Coltrane) Grand Central - Cannonball & Coltrane - Cannonball Adderly
and John Coltrane - EmArcy -  834 588-2

(Phineas Newborn) Sugar Ray - We Three - Roy Haynes, Phineas Newborn and
Paul Chambers - Prestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-196-2

(Danny Kirkhum) Up down - Always Here - Danny Kirkhum - Kirkhum Music -
KMCD 0001

(Budd Johnson) Since I Fell for You / Theme from Spartacus - Ramsey Lewis
Trio in Person 1960-1967 - Chess - GRD2-814

(Alberta Hunter) I'm Having a Good Time - The Melody Lingers on - Etta
Jones - High Note - HCD 7005

(Walter Donaldson) You're Driving Me Crazy - Stompin' the Blues - The
Harry Allen - Joe Cohn Quartet with Special Guests John Allred and Scott
Hamilton - Arbors Records - ARCD 19353

(E. M. Bartlett) Just a Little While to Stay Here - Creole Nocturne - Tom
McDermott and Connie Jones - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19366

(Charles Mingus) Pusy Cat Dues - Mingus Ah Um - Charles Mingus - Columbia
- CK 40648

9:01 NPR News

(Wayne Shorter) Yes or No - Trio Nuevo + - Dave Askren - DaWay Music - DW
0020

(Gil Fuller, Dizzy Gillespie) I Waited for You / (Quincy Jones)
Quintessence - Aces Back to Back (originally from "Left and Right) -
Rahsaan Roland Kirk - 32Jazz - 32060

(Sumi Tonooka) Quantum Question - Long Ago Today - Sumi Tonooka - ARC -
2116

(Cedar Walton) Black - Mode for Joe - Joe Henderson - Blue Note - CDP 7
84227 2

(Antonio Carlos Jobim, Vinicus de Moraes, Suzannah McCorkle) A Felicidade
(Happiness) - Imagina - Karrin Allyson - Concord Jazz - CCD-30428

(George Cables) Quiet Fire - Morning Song - High Note - HCD 7182

(Mack Gordon, Harry Ravel) There's a Lull in My Life - Strings by
Candlelight - Joe Kenendy Jr. - Consolidated Artists Productions - CAP 924

(Cole Porter) Begin the Beguine - Mambo Moves - Erroll Garner - Mercury -
834 909-2

(Arlen, Koehler) I've Got the World on a String - Blue Serge - Serge
Chaloff - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 4 94505 2 3