[JPL] Rhythm Relief: A Benefit Concert for Norman Hedman Monday, April 14

DeBlaze & Associates PR deblazeassoc at centurytel.net
Wed Apr 2 11:15:33 EDT 2008

Rhythm Relief Features Music Legends

"Concert Benefits Norman Hedman"

".one of the greatest musicians of all time...supremely talented and
educated.one of the kindest people I know by far!  His passion and love for
music, art and teaching inspire me endlessly.  We're all lucky to know such
a great man!" - Alicia Keys, 11 time Grammy R Award winner

"He embodies the qualities I most admire, integrity, honesty and sometimes,
very dynamic in expressing his true feelings and opinions.  These things are
important to me.  These qualities are the same elements I hear in his music.
- Horacee Arnold, Legendary Jazz Drummer

"Norman Hedman is one of the most genuine, caring, selfless persons I've
ever had the pleasure of knowing, a true gentleman."

- Ty Law, NFL Cornerback #24

What:  Rhythm Relief: A Benefit Concert for Norman Hedman
When:  Monday, April 14, 2008, 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm

Where:  Jazz Standard, 116 E. 27th St.(between Park and Lexington Avenues),
New York, NY 10016

Cost:  Tickets available exclusively at TicketWeb.com
<http://www.ticketweb.com/>  for $40 + tax (no service fee)

Info:  Visit JazzStandard.net <http://www.jazzstandard.net/red/index.html>
or call (212) 576-2232

Donate:  For gift contributions, a Norman Hedman "Rhythm Relief Gift Fund"
has been setup.  PayPal users can donate to the fund online:
www.myspace.com/8barmanagement.  Checks can be made payable to "Rhythm
Relief Gift Fund," and sent c/o 8 Bar Artist Management, P.O. Box 536, St.
Peters, MO  63376

New York, NY, USA - April 1, 2008 - Jazz Standard presents a very special
star-studded benefit hosted by WBGO's Rob Crocker on Monday, April 14, 2008.
The event honors adored master conguero and percussionist Norman Hedman.  A
silent auction will feature a tour jacket from Alicia Keys, autographed
football by NFL cornerback #24, Ty Law, cymbals used by Horacee Arnold,
abstract art from Dick Griffin, and more.

Why Support Rhythm Relief
The sole purpose of Rhythm Relief is to help defray the considerable medical
expenses associated with Norman's battle against blood cancer.  In January
Norman began to rehearse with Alicia Keys for her upcoming world tour. It
was during this time that he was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia
(AML).  Join countless other jazz, soul, and R&B fans in support of Norman
Hedman.

Feature Musicians

Ron Carter, Joe Locke, Horacee Arnold, Ray Mantilla, Kendra Shank, James
"D-Train" Williams, Erika Rose, Frank Kimbrough, Buster Williams, Queen
Esther Marrow, Will Calhoun, Andrienne Wilson, T.K. Blue, Rene McLean, Wayne
Cobham, Dick Griffin, Steve Kroon, Chembo Corniel, B.D. Lenz, Elliott & Brad
Mason, and Norman Hedman's Tropique (Willie Martinez, Misha & Alexei
Tsiganov, Roger Byam, Craig Rivers, Mario Rodriguez, Cristian Rivera)
Feature musicians are subject to change.

About Norman Hedman

Master conguero, percussionist, producer and composer Norman Hedman has
recorded with artists ranging from the Main Ingredient, Alicia Keys and
Daryl Hall to Arthur Blythe, Pat Martino and Bobby Watson. He has toured
with the O'Jays, Von Freeman, and Arturo Sandoval while in Chico Freeman's
band. He has also opened for Kenny Garrett, Santana and Earth, Wind & Fire.
Hedman has led his own group, Norman Hedman's Tropique, in engagements at
Jazz Standard, the Blue Note and other top venues. For website visit:
www.normanhedman.com.

#  #  #

Welcomed by WBGO 88.3 FM

Contact:  Dawn DeBlaze, DeBlaze & Associates PR

308 Green Haven Drive  St Peters, MO  63376

        deblazeassoc at centurytel.net   314.766.JAZZ