[JPL] Goin' To Chicago / Vonsky

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 3 00:17:54 EDT 2008

Steven,

That's shocking!   I hadn't heard of his passing and could find no
mention of it through JIC, allaboutmusic.com, a google search, the jazz
journalists association or even his own web page -
members.tripod.com/go54321/vf/vonfreeman.html .  I found one reference
that had him playing a gig last month.  Do you have any details?  He's
one of those bigger than life characters who just seemed like he'd go
on forever.

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org