[JPL] Goin' To Chicago / Vonsky

Kathryn Smith katesmith999 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 00:49:58 EDT 2008

I just picked up the phone and called him
  to see if he had any words of wisdom to impart...
  LOL... got his awesome brother George
  who's home baby sitting the house (the house is never left empty)
  because this is Vonski's weekly gig in Indiana
  from which he never gets home until after the morning rush hour.
  So he's still playing until 4a.m. on Tue at the New Apartment.
  And then making the run Wed evening for his all nighter in Indiana.
  And the 2nd weekend of the month he works the late set at Andys.
  LOL... I'd say, Ya can't keep a good man down!
  So great to be feelin' the love.
  I'll be sure to relay it to him tomorrow.
  BTW if you're in Chicago tomorrow...
  George will be playin' his weekly south shore gig at the Tropical Den.
  - Kate.

Jim Wilke <jwilke123 at comcast.net> wrote:
  This week's sponsor: Mack Avenue Records

Going for Adds 4/1/08

Three time Grammy(R) nominated guitar virtuoso Stanley Jordan makes his much anticipated return to the national spotlight with his Mack Avenue debut ''State of Nature.'' Featuring Jordan on both guitar and piano, playing both simultaneously at times, State of Nature also includes Charnett Moffett on bass, as well as Kenwood Dennard and David Haynes on drums.

State of Nature, which includes beautiful versions of All Blues and Song For My Father, also contains nine Jordan penned originals, as well as Jordan's interpretation of Joe Jackson's Steppin' Out.

For more information....

http://www.stanleyjordan.com
http://mackavenue.com/
http://www.groovmarketing.com

Radio Promotion by: GROOV Marketing and Consulting

(877) 476-6832
Mark Rini x 1
mark at groovmarketing.com
Josh Ellman x 2
josh at groovmarketing.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks, Kate. I feel better now - and a man in his 80s deserves to get
picky about gigs!
I don't know if those Tuesday sessions at the New Apartment are still
happening, do you?
I did see a review of him playing there in January.

Jim

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

                      KATE SMITH PROMOTIONS of CHICAGO

1413 Dobson Street, Suite 100