[JPL] Goin' To Chicago

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Thu Apr 3 17:17:49 EDT 2008

George,

We saw Vonski at Andy's last June. Also caught Atricia Barber at The Green
Mill. Go there1 Even if you've never heard of the group playing, go just for
the vintage architecture, glass, leather. Great hang!
On Dick LaPalm's recommendation we had dinner at The Chop House, classic
Chicago steak place. I forget the name of the place he sent us to in Little
Italy but I doubt you could have a bad meal at anyplace there.
Also, stop into The Jazz Record Mart on E. Illinois Ave. CDs, LPs, Books,
Tee-shirts, DVDs, new and used and Bob Koester might be there to say hello
to. We had a nice discussion around Lee Konitz. Have fun in a most beautiful
city,

Steve

PS: Rent a bike and take a nice ride along the Lake Front bike path. There's
a place on Navy Pier