[JPL] PLaylist Thursday April 3 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Apr 3 21:57:40 EDT 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday April 3, 2008

(Mergentroid) All Star Strut - Charlie Christian: The Genius of the
Electric Guitar - Columbia - C4K 65664

(Bill Finegan) Hollywood Hat  - The Post War Era - The Tommy Dorsey
Orchestra - RCA/Bluebird - 07863 66156-2

(Burrell) It's Getting Dark - Bluesy Burrell - Kenny Burrell - Prestige -
OJCCD-926-2

(Lee Konitz) Pennies in Minor - The Real Lee Konitz - 32Jazz - 32157

(Eddie Lockjaw Davis) Afro Jaws - Afro Jaws - Eddie Lockjaw Davis -
Riverside - OJCCD-403-2

(Boland, Jaffe) Gypsy in My Soul - The Oscar Peterson trio at the
Stratford Shakespearean Festival - Verve - 314 513 752-2

(Johnny Mandel, Johnny Mercer) Emily - Body and Soul - Al Cohn and Zoot
Sims - 32Jazz - 32017

(Jobim, de Moraes) A Felicidade - Felicidade - Gary Morgan & Panamericana
- CAP - 1014

(Youmans, Robin, Grey) Sometimes I'm Happy - Moonlight in Vermont - Johnny
Smith and Stan Getz - Roulette Jazz - CDP 7977472

8:01 NPR News

(Matt Haviland) Bergen Street - Beyond Good and Evil - Matt Haviland -
Connotation Records - CR 1001

(John Coltrane) Naima - Karibu - Lionel Loueke - Blue Note -50999 5 02485
2 6

(J. Stubblefield) Baby Man -  A Grand Night for Swinging - Mary Lou
Williams - High Note - HCD 7180

(Whiting, Daniels) He's Funny That Way - Susie Arioli Band Featuring
Jordan Officer - Justin Time - 227-2

(Harry Allen) Stompin' the Blues  - Stompin' the Blues - The Harry Allen
Joe Cohn Quartet with Special Guests John Allred and Scott Hamilton -
Arbors - ARCD 19353

(Fred Ahlert, Roy Turk) I'll Get by - Teddy Wilson in 4 Hands - Victoria -
VC 4369

(George and Ira Gershwin) Can't Help Loving That Man of Mine - Lady Day:
The Master Takes and Singles - Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - 88697
13178-2

(James Moody) Plus Eight - Moody's Blues - James Moody - Vogue - VG 655

(Monk) We See - Straight No Chaser - Straight No Chaser - Columbia/Legacy
- CK 64886

9:01 NPR News

(Wayne Shorter) Sweet 'n' Sour - Caravan - Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers - Riverside - OJCCD-038-2

(Leonrd Bernstein) Lonely Town - Invisible Cities - Pete Malinverni -
Reservoir - RSR CD 192

(George Shearing, George David Weiss) Lullaby of Birdland - Sarah Vaughan
- Verve - 314 543 305-2

(Thelonious Monk) Little Rootie Tootie - The Whit Williams Now's the Time
Big Band Featuring Slide Hampton and Jimmy Heath - mama Records - MAA 1033

(Michael Pedician) Contours - Everything Starts Now - The Micahel Pedician
Quintet - The Jazz Hut - jh0001

(Vince Seneri) Renegade Man - The Prince's Groove - Vince Seneri -
www.princevrecords.com

(Adam Shulman) Going Home - On Second Thought - Adam Shulman - Kabocha
Records - B015

 (Tom Harrell) Humility - Song for Chico - Arturo O'Farrill and the
Afro-Latin Jazz Orchestra -Zoho Music - ZM 200804