[JPL] STAR DUST

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Fri Apr 4 16:30:22 EDT 2008

Aloha,

I'd just like to add to Dick's posting on the composing of the classic
"Stardust".  Hoagy wrote the tune while sitting at the piano at "The
Book Nook" in Bloomington, Indiana, directly across the street from the
Indiana University campus and Law Building.  While a Ph.D. student at
IU, I frequently went to the pizza joint that occupied the space of the
original Book Nook, where there was a plaque on the building outside
commemorating the composition of "Stardust" on those premises.  On a
recent trip back to Bloomington, I was disappointed to see that the
plaque was no longer to be found.

The light is on.

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone