[JPL] Playlist WCVE FM Friday, April 4 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Apr 4 21:54:51 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday April 4, 2008

(Chuck Wayne) Solar - The Best of Chet Baker - Chet Baker - Riverside -
RCD 5713-2

Something to Sing about - Jazz Impressions of New York - Dave Brubeck
Quartet - Columbia - CK 46189

(JJ Johnson) Jay - The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson Volume 2 - JJ Johnson -
Blue Note - CDP 7 81506 2

(Sonny Rollins) Airegin - The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery -
Wes Montgomery - Riverside - OJCCD-036-2

(Archie Shepp) Steam - Legends & Mentors - Avery Sharpe - JKNM Records -
AS 89896

(Ornette Coleman) Blues Connotation - Introducing Ornette Coleman - Warner
Jazz/Rhino - 8122776572

(Sonny Rollins) Solid - Solid - Grant Green - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 33580
2 1

(Kahn, Styne) A Beautiful Friendship -  Here with You - Libby York - Libby
York with Russell Malone - www.libbyyork.com

(Gary Morgan) Tudo Bem - Felicidade (Happiness) - Gary Morgan &
Panamericana - CAP - 1014

8:01 NPR News

(Levinson, Symes, Neiberg) It's the Talk of the Talk of the Town - The
Complete Capitol Recordings of Art Tatum - Art Tatum (solo) - Capitol Jazz
- CDP 7243 8 21325 2 3

(Alexander Hill, Claude Hopkins, Bob Williams) I Would Do Anything for You
- I Got Rhythm: Art Tatum Volume 3 (1935-1944) - Art Tatum Trio - Decca
Jazz - GRD-630

(Jimmy McHugh, Frank Loesser) Murder He Says - Anita O'Day Volume 3
1941-1943 - Gene Krupa band featuring Anita O'Day and Roy Eldridge -
Masters of Jazz - MJCD - 167

(Kalmar, Ruby) Three Little Words - Lester Young: The Kansas City Sessions
- Kansas City Six featuring Lester Young - Commodore - CMD-402

(Charlie Parker) Yardbird Suite - The Swinging Guitar - Tal Farlow - Verve
- 314 559 515-2

(Chano Pozo, Dizzy Gillespie, Gil Fuller) Manteca - Gillespiana/Carnegie
Hall Concert - Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra - Verve - 314 519 809-2

(L. Bricusse, A. Newley) Who Can I Turn to? - Morning Song - George Cables
-High Note - HCD 7182

(Victor Feldman) Exodus - The Cannonball Adderly Quintet at the Lighthouse
- Capitol Jazz - 7243 5 31572 2 7

(Bobby Troup) The Meaning of the Blues - The Main Ingredient - Shirley
Horn - Verve - 314 529 555-2

(Hank Mobley) Lower Stratosphere - Hank Mobley and His All Stars - Blue
Note - CDP 7243 8 37668 2 6

9:01 NPR News

(Count Basie) Count's Place - Count Basie and the Kansas City 7 - Impulse
- IMPD-202

(Bigard, Mills, Ellington) Mood Indigo - Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington:
The Complete Sessions - Roulette - CDP 7938442

(Harry Allen) So There - Stompin' the Blues - The Harry Allen-Joe Cohn
Quartet with John Allred - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19353

(Raye, DePaul, Johnston) I'll Remember April - The Complete Capitol
Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette with Chet
Baker - Mosaic - MD3-102

(Gordon Jenkins) Goodbye - I Remember Hoagy, Duke & Strayhorn - Ahmad
Jamal - Telarc - CD-83339

(Monk) Evidence - Always Here - Danny Kirkhum - Kirkhum Music - KMCD -
0001

(Eric Alexander) Little Lucas - Prime Time - Eric Alexander Quartet - High
Note - HCD 7201

Adeus America - Joao Gilberto in Tokyo - Joao Gilberto - Verve -
B0002545-02

(Dizzy Gillespie) Con Alma - Stan Getz: The best of the Verve Years Volume
1 - Verve - 314 511 468-2