[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH BOSTON 4/4/2008

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Apr 5 01:01:15 EDT 2008

Jazz From Studio Four
Friday, April 4, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

BENNY GREEN (b. 4/4/1963) 45 YEARS OLD TODAY

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Benny Green: Glad to Be Unhappy, That's Right! (Blue Note)
Benny Green; Russell Malone: Bluebird, Bluebird (Telarc)
Benny Green: Dealin' With A Feelin', In This Direction (Criss Cross)

8:24am
Karrin Allyson: Estrada Branca, Imagina Songs of Brazil (Concord)
Grant Stewart: Modhina, Young at Heart (Sharp 9)
Trio Da Paz & Joe Locke: Look To The Sky, Live At Jaazbaltica (MaxJazz)

8:47pm
Betty Carter; featuring Benny Green: Imagination, Look What I Got (Verve)
Jack Walrath; featuring Benny Green: So Long Eric,
Out of The Tradition (Muse)
Ralph Moore; featuring Benny Green: Phoebe's Samba,
The Complete Landmark Recordings (32 Jazz)

9:09pm
Third World Love: New Blues (Ain't No Thing), New Blues (Anzik)
Claudio Roditi: Bossa Do Brooklyn, Impressions (Sunnyside)
Lionel Loueke: Skylark, Karibu (Blue Note)

9:33pm
Benny Green Trio; Christian McBride; Lewis Nash: Greens; Celia,
Live at Scullers Jazz Club, Boston 4/2/1991 (ONLY ON 89.7)

9:54pm
Joe Lovano and Hank Jones: Soultrane, Kids (Blue Note)
McCoy Tyner; Joe Lovano: Mellow Minor, McCoy Tyner Quartet (Half Note)

10:15pm
Ray Brown; featuring Benny Green; Joe Lovano: How High The Moon,
The Sax Players (Telarc)
Benny Green: Certainly, Prelude (Criss Cross)
Benny Green: I Want To Talk About You, The Place to Be (Blue Note)

10:39pm
Bobby Watson: Deep Pockets, From The Heart (Palmetto)
Sheila Jordan: Bird Alone, Believe in Jazz (Ella Productions)
Wynton Marsalis: Reflections, Standards & Ballads (Columbia)

11:02pm
Etta Jones; featuring Benny Green: If You Could See Me Now,
My Gentleman Friend (Muse)
Mark Murphy; featuring Benny Green: Your Red Wagon,
Dim The Lights (Millennium Recordings)
Diana Krall; featuring Benny Green: If I Had You, All for You (Impulse)

11:22pm
Don Friedman: Waltz for Marilyn, Waltz for Marilyn (Jazz Excursion)
Pete Malinverni: Cities & Time, Invisible Cities (Reservoir)
Eliane Elias: Five, Something For You (Blue Note)

11:34pm
Benny Green: Someone to Watch Over Me, Green's Blues (Telarc)
Benny Green: Love You Madly, Naturally (Blue Note)
Benny Green: Noreen's Nocturne, The Place to Be (Blue Note)

11:52pm
Benny Green: Come On Home, These Are Soulful Days (Blue Note)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.