[JPL] STAR DUST

David Johnson djohnso2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 22:30:02 EDT 2008

No known recording of Bix playing "Stardust," though I've read an account in which Hoagy says Bix gave him some passing praise for the piece.

Also, Hoagy re-recorded "Stardust" with his own vocals and lyrics a year or so after the original 1927 date.  Gennett passed on issuing it, since the song hadn't been a hit the first time around.  Supposedly Hoagy had a test pressing which he would occasionally play for friends decades after the event, but it was not found among his effects following his death in 1981.

David Brent Johnson
WFIU-Bloomington, IN

Jim Wilke <jwilke123 at comcast.net> wrote:Anyone know of a recording of the tune by Bix and Hoagy?   Sudhalter?
Applebaum?  allmusic.com lists 1935 recordings of the tune Stardust
(one word) and my connection times out before it can load them all.