[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 4/6/08

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 17:04:05 EDT 2008

WWSP JAZZ/WORLD REPORT for week of 4/6/08

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

5 Karrin Allyson – Imagina – Concord
5 Susie Arioli/Jordan Officer – Live At Le Festival International…. – Justin Time
4 Dave Askren – Trio Nuevo + - DaWay Music
4 Sam Barsh – I Forgot What You Taught Me – Raz Daz
5 Walt Blanton – Monuments – Origin
4 Jane Ira Bloom – Mental Weather – Outline
5 Hadley Caliman – Gratitude – Origin
4 Roy Cambell Ensemble – Akhenaten Suite – Aum Fidelity
5 Caribbean Jazz Project – Afro Bop Alliance – Heads Up
5 Connie Evingson – Little Did I Dream – Minnehaha Music
5 Roberta Gambarini & Hank Jones – You Are There -
4 Alex Graham – Brand New – Origin
5 Matt Jorgensen + 451 – Another Morning – Origin
5 Steve Khan – The Suitcase – Tone Center
5 Charles Lloyd Quartet – Rabo de Nube – ECM
5 Irvin Mayfield & Ellis Marsalis – Love Songs, Ballads & Standards – Basin Street
5 Virginia Mayhew Septet – A Simple Thank You – Renna
5 Marian McPartland - Twilight World – Concord
5 Marcus Miller – Marcus – Concord
4 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
5 NYNDK – Nordic Disruption – Jazzheads
5 Michel Petrucciani Trio – Live In Stuttgart – Dreyfus
5 Diane Schuur – Some Other Time – Concord
4 Tom Tallitsch – Medicine Man – OA2
5 Third World Love – New Blues – Anzic Records
5 Bobby Watson – From The Heart – Palmetto

2 – 3 spins

3 Al Basile – The Tinge – Sweetspot
3 Karen Blixt – Mad Hope – hi fli records
3 Ryan Blotnick – Music Needs You – Songlines
3 Richard Boulger – Blues Twilight – Self produced
3 Melody Breyer-Grell – Fascinatin’ Rhythms – Rhombus
3 Eric Byrd Trio + 4 – Brother Ray – Selfproduced
3 Paul Carr – Musically Yours – PCJ Music
2 Felicia Carter – Feather – Alberta Records
2 Celestial Sliphorns – Planisphere – Sea Breeze
3 Dawn Clement – Break – Origin
3 Dave Corbus – Sound Down – Jazzed Media
3 Debbie Cunningham – The Rest Of Your Life – Self produced
3 Bryan Doherty Band – Rigamarole – Origin
3 Duke Ellington Legacy – Thank You Uncle Edward – Renna
3 David Finck Quartet – Future Day – Soundbrush
3 Melody Gardot – Worrisome Heart - Verve
3 Luther Hughes Cannonball-Coltrane Project – Spectacular – Primrose Lane
2 Sandy Kastel – This Time Around – Silk & Satin Records
3 Adam Kolker – Flag Day – Sunnyside
3 Piers Lawrence Quartet – Stolen Moments – Jazz Net
2 Jim Malloy – Jazz Vocalist – Self Produced
3 Mitch Paliga – Fall Night – Origin
3 Rob Parton’s Jazztech Big Band – Just One Of Those Things – Sea Breeze
2 Paulien – Selftitled – Brik Productions
3 Thom Rotella 4-tet – Out Of The Blues – Four Bar Music
3 Bruce Saunders Quintet – 8 X 5 – Mel Bay
3 Vince Seneri – The Princes Groove – Princevrecords
2 Jaleel Shaw – Optimism – Changu  Records
2 Jack Sheldon – It’s What I Do – Butterfly
3 Alex Sipiagin – Out of the Circle – Sunnyside
3 Grant Stewart – Young At Heart  - Sharp Nine
3 Richard Underhill – Moment In Time – Stubby Records
2 Nick Vayenas – Synesthesia - Worldculture
3 Judy Wexler – Dreams & Shadows – Jazzed Media
3 Laurie Wheeler – Twilight – 335 Records
2 Whit Williams Big Band – Selftitled – MAMA Records
3 Libby York – Here With You - Selfproduced
3 Jacob Varmus – All The Things We Still Can Be – Crows’ Kin Records

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 4/6/08

Airmen Of Note – Jazz Heritage Series 2008 Radio Broadcasts
Louie Bellson / Clark Terry – Louie & Clark Expedition 2 – Percussion Power
Lorraine Feather – Language – Jazzed Media
Mike Garson - Jazz Hat – Reference Recordings
Tobias Gebb & Trio West – An Upper Westside Story – Yummy House
Stanley Jordan – State Of Nature – Mack Ave.
Dawn Lambeth – Let’s Get Lost – Spanish Shawl
Pete Malinverni – Invisible Cities – Reservoir
Brad Mehldau Trio – Live – Nonesuch
Arturo O’Farill & The Afro-Latin Jazz Orch. – Song For Chico
Michael Pedicin Quintet – Everything Starts Now… Jazz Hut
Perez – It’s Happening – zoho
Roberta Piket Trio – Love & Beauty – Thirteenth Note Records
Diane Reeves – When You Know – Blue Note
Paul Renz Quintet – ReBop – Gabwalk Records
Avery Sharpe – Legends & Mentors – JKNM Records
Gust Spenos Quartet – Swing Theory – Self Produced
Sumi Tonooka Trio – Long Ago Today – Arc
Various – Rudy Van Gelder Prestige Masters Sampler – Concord
K. Werner & R. Vitro Delirium Blues Project – Serve Or Suffer – Half Note

WORLD MUSIC PLUS

***  Adds this week   W = World

W 3 Marcos Ariel – 4 Friends – Tenure Records
W 2Aquiles Baez – La Patilla – Cacao Musica
W 3 Cuarteto De Clarinetes De Caracas – Cacao Musica
W 4 Toumani Diabate’ – Mande Variations – World Circuit/Nonesuch
*** W dj Dolores – 1 Real - Ziriguiboom
W 2 Helena – Fraise Vanille - Sunnyside
W 2 High Kings – Selftitled - Manhattan
***W Amos Hoffman – Evolution – RazDaz
W 3 Marcus James – Snakeskin Violin - FirenzeRecords
W 3 Luz Marina – Coincidencias – Cacao Musica
W 2 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
***W Moodafaruka – Essential Moodafaruka - Megawave
W 4 Negroni’s Trio – Father & Son – Cacao Musica
W 4 Youssou  N’Dour  - Rokku Mi Rokka – Nonesuch
W 3 Orlando Poleo – Curate! – Cacao Musica
***W Rupa & The April Fishes – Extraordinary Rendition - Cumbancha
W 2 Sirak y la Sonora Antillana – De La Mata – SBB Records
***W Think Of One – Camping Shaa’bi – Crammed Discs
***W 3 Na Massa – Her Name Is Rio – Nublu Records
W 3 Toumast – Ishumar – Real World
W 5 Various – In The Name Of Love - Shout
W 2 Various - Tango Around The World - Putumayo
W 2 Various - Latin Jazz  – Putumayo
W 5 Various - Umalali Garfuna Women’s Project – Cumbancha/StoneTree

PLUS

*** Ahn Trio – Lullaby For My Favorite Insomniac – RCA Red Seal
*** JD Allen Trio – I Am I Am - Sunnyside
3 Henry Brant Collection Vol. 8 - Innova
3 Rob Brown Ensemble – Crown Trunk Root Funk - AUM
*** Jeff Coffin & Charlie Peacock – Arc Of The Circle – Runway Records
*** Drew Gress – The Irrational Numbers – Premonition Records
*** Vijay Iyer – Tragicomic - Sunnyside
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
*** Bennie Maupin Quartet – Early Reflections - Cryptogramophone
3 Megaphone Man – “Live At The Tabernacle” – Blue Canoe
*** Moss – Selftitled - Sunnyside
3 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club - Cryptogramophone
3 Spring Heel Jack – Songs & Themes – Thirsty Ear
*** Victor Wooten – Palmystery – Heads Up

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 4/20. I will have space for 25 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.  Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481