[JPL] Bemoaning IAJE

TomtheJazzman tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:00:47 EDT 2008

While we are bemoaning IAJE and the behavior I am reminded how I always
resented going to concerts in large halls and seeing the first 5 or 10
rows of seats blocked off for their executives and such.  Most of the
time those seats were never utilized and others had to sit in the back
or stand along the wall.  Not a very good example.

This all brings to mind the Jazz Summit sponsored by the creator of the
JPL in Rochester in June.  I am concerned that many of you use and enjoy
the benefits of the JPL and JazzWeek don't make voluntary contributions
and never attended a Summit.  Having attended every Summit I am now
urging you to make plans to attend this year, get registered so plans
can be formalized unless you want to see JazzWeek and the JPL go down
the tubes like other institutions we remember from the recent past.

REMEMBER YOUR HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

ALOHA
Tom