[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Richmond VA Mon 4-07-08

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Apr 7 22:18:55 EDT 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday April 7, 2008

7:06 PM

(Kirk, White) He's My Baby / (Jackson, Williams) Alabama Bound / (Brooks,
Jennings) I Know / (Jaffe, Reinchner) Get Together with the Lord - Andy
Kirk Orchestra 1943-1949 -Classics - 1075

(Moore, Jordan) Doggin' Man Blues / (Stone, Markes) Louella / (Kuhn) I
Don't Know What I'd Do without You - Andy Kirk Orchestra 1943-1949
-Classics - 1075

(Jay McShann) The Jumpin' Blues / (Skip Hall, Jay McShann) Sepian Bounce -
Hootie's Blues - Jay McShann Orchestra - Living Era - CD AJA 5667

(Ivory Joe Hunter) I Need You So - Jukebox Hits 1945-1950 - Ivory Joe
Hunter - Acrobat Music - ACMCD-4208

Medium Blues - Jam Band - Lionel Hampton and His Orchestra - Sounds of
Yester Year - DSOY 687

(W. Lovett) I Wanna be / (E. Bivins) Follow Your Heart - I'm the One That
Love Forgot - The manhattans - Collectables - COL-CD-6376

8:01 NPR News

(Victor Feldman) Rio - Bassics: The Best of the Ray Brown Trio 1977-2000 -
Ray Brown - Concord Jazz - CCD2-30077-2

(Albert Hague, Arnold Horwitt)  Young and Foolish - Bursting out with the
All Star Big Band / Swinging Brass - Oscar Peterson - Verve - 314 529
699-2

(Gillespie) Blue 'n' Boogie - Walkin' - Miles Davis - Prestige -
PRCD-7076-2

(Cole Porter) Every Time We Say Goodbye - My Favorite Things - John
Coltrane - Rhino/Atlantic - R2 75204

(Tom Ranier) I Know - Future Day - The David Finck Quartet - Soundbrush
Records - SR 1012

(Count Basie, Jimmy Rushing) Boogie Woogie / I May Be Wrong - Count Basie
at Newport - Count Basie Orchestra featuring Jimmy Rushing - Verve - 833
776-2

(Al Dubin, Hary Waren) I Only Have Eyes for You - Stompin' the Blues - The
Harry Allen-Joe Cohn Quartet - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19353

(Art Farmer, Annie Ross) Farmer's Market - The Bebop Singers - Annie Ross
- Prestige - PRCD-24216-2

(Basie, Livingston, David) Blue and Sentimental - The Complete Capitol
recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic - 138 Disc XII

9:01 NPR News

(Jimmy Heath) This Is What It Is - The Whit Williams Now's the Time Big
Band Featuring Slide Hampton and Jimmy Heath - Mama Records - MAA 1033

(Vernon Duke, Ira Gershwin) I Can't Get Started - A Grand Night for
Swinging - Mary Lou Williams - High Note - HCD 7180

(George Shearing, David Weiss) Lullabye of Birdland - Ella & Duke at the
Cote D'Azur - Ella Fitzgerald - Verve - 314 519 030-2

(Quincy Jones) Wail Bait - Clifford Brown: the Complete Blue Note and
Pacific Jazz Recordings - Pacific Jazz - CDP 7243 8 34195 2 4

(Rubinstein) Melody in F - Teddy Wilson in 4 Hands - Victoria Company - VC
4369

(Ellington) Black Beauty - Ellington 1927-1934 - Duke Ellington Hermes -
HRM 6001

(Davis, Conrad Robinson) Margie / (Lunceford, Chapplin, Cahn) Rhythm Is
Our Business - The Great Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra - Living Era / ASV -
CD AJA 5091

(Dizy Gillespie) Guarachi Guaro - Afro Bop Alliance - Dave Samuels and
Carroibean Jazz project - Heads up - HUCD 3137

(Cole Porter) You Do Something to Me - The Bridge - BMG Classics -
09026-68518-2

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Eddie DeLange) Deep in a Dream - Deep in a Dream: The
Ultimate Chet Baker Collection - Pacific Jazz - 7243 5 35937 2 8

(Schertzinger, Mercer) Tangerine - The Brothers - Kai Winding, Al Cohn,
Zoot Sims - Prestige - OJCCD-008-2