[JPL] Berkshire Jazz artists in compilation

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 17:11:46 EDT 2008

Hello, JPLers,

The Berkshire Hills in western Massachusetts are home to some pretty great
--but largely unknown-- Jazz artists. Chef Michael Ballon of Castle Street Cafe
 in Great Barrington has celebrated his 10th year of no-cover, no-minimum
Jazz by  releasing a CD featuring musicians who have appeared at his popular
eatery. If  you recall reading the previous two sentences from a direct email from
 me, well, you'll recognize the rest of this message, too, so feel free to
delete.

You need no introduction to Ted Rosenthal, nor possibly to  Stephanie
Nakasian or Terry Roiger, three of the musicians on the CD. But what a  discovery
you'll enjoy if you listen to the blues singer Vikki True, pianist  Armen
Donelian, or guitarist Jay Messer.

It is important to note that  these recordings were not made at Castle
Street, but rather were provided by the  artists so Michael could include them in
his compilation. I wanted to bring it  to the attention of  JPLers; so, if you'd
like a copy, please let me know  and Michael will be happy to send one. Just
let me know (off-list probably best)  where to send the CD. Press release will
be distributed on Apr. 11.

Disclosure: I am not earning a fee for bringing this CD to your attention,
although I suspect that Chef/owner Ballon may choose to thank me with
appropriate golden-colored liquid in a short tumbler.

Ed Bride