[JPL] Rochester Jazz Festival

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 11:27:30 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/9/2008 11:25:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net writes:

<<..Boz Scaggs? Soulive?  IMHO there's not much jazz music  coinciding with
the JazzWeek Summit that I'm dying to hear - Jae  Sinnett, David
Murray, Tierney Sutton, Barbara Dennerlein & Joe  Locke are about it.
Third World, the Skatellites & Wild  Magnolias are great but jazz?  I
don't think  so..>>

A lot of festivals do some heavy compromising, to bring people in so they
can afford to present the Jazz acts. New Orleans gets around this by changing
their name to "Jazz and Heritage Festival."  There are much more egregious
offenders than Rochester.

Ed