[JPL] Rochester Jazz Festival

Ron Gill ron_gill at verizon.net
Wed Apr 9 16:39:12 EDT 2008

=====================
From: Jae Sinnett <jaejazz at yahoo.com>
Date: 2008/04/09 Wed AM 11:36:54 CDT
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: [JPL] Rochester Jazz Festival

This week's sponsor: Mack Avenue Records

Going for Adds 4/1/08

Three time Grammy(R) nominated guitar virtuoso Stanley Jordan makes his much
anticipated return to the national spotlight with his Mack Avenue debut
''State of Nature.'' Featuring Jordan on both guitar and piano, playing both
simultaneously at times, State of Nature also includes Charnett Moffett on
bass, as well as Kenwood Dennard and David Haynes on drums.

State of Nature, which includes beautiful versions of All Blues and Song For
My Father, also contains nine Jordan penned originals, as well as Jordan's
interpretation of Joe Jackson's Steppin' Out.

For more information....

http://www.stanleyjordan.com
http://mackavenue.com/
http://www.groovmarketing.com

Radio Promotion by: GROOV Marketing and Consulting

(877) 476-6832
Mark Rini x 1
mark at groovmarketing.com
Josh Ellman x 2
josh at groovmarketing.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jae, great to hear you and your group are playing the festival.
Lots of luck there.
Ron

We are actually playing with Slide Hampton on the 17th and my quartet on the
18th with Steve Wilson. I think the summit starts on the 19th. If any of you
get in a day early please come out to hear us if you can.

  Jae Sinnett

mark at groovmarketing.com
Josh Ellman x 2
josh at groovmarketing.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mitchell and Ed you are both right, but having the Rochester Festival at
the same time as the Jazz Summit or the reverse always adds to the
excitement of seeing associates, being able to hang, maybe see a good
concert.

I enjoy walking the blocked off streets and hearing live open air
performances and people watching. Rochester after being snowed in and
closed down during much of the winter is a real delight when the locals
come out in June.

With Summit sessions during the day and the night time activities and
friendly dinners there does not leave much time for sleep.....overall it
is a good hang for the Jazz Family. Hope to see you there.

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

http://mail.yahoo.com