[JPL] Rochester Jazz Festival/Skatalites

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Wed Apr 9 19:43:16 EDT 2008

"mfa - jazz radio promotion & publicity"
<MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net> said:

"Boz Scaggs? Soulive?  IMHO there's not much jazz music coinciding with
the JazzWeek Summit that I'm dying to hear - Jae Sinnett, David
Murray, Tierney Sutton, Barbara Dennerlein & Joe Locke are about it.
Third World, the Skatellites & Wild Magnolias are great but jazz?  I don't
think so."
The Skatalites are jazz. They were inspired by hearing Art Blakey & The
Jazz Messengers and other horn jazz acts coming over the water to Jamaica
from
records & radio stations in New Orleans and other locations.

Burlington Discover Jazz Festival has had The Skatalites several times and
there was real improvisation and great arrangements every minute, not to
mention killer dance rhythms.

Give them a real listen,

George

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446

802-654-4343
jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net
Mon-Thu 8-10pm,Fri 9pm-mid

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner