[JPL] Rochester Jazz Festival/Skatalites

David Kunian dkunian at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 9 20:11:05 EDT 2008

Agreed.  The Skatalites are jazz done Jamaican style.

George Thomas wrote:

The Skatalites are jazz. They were inspired by hearing Art Blakey & The
Jazz Messengers and other horn jazz acts coming over the water to Jamaica
from
records & radio stations in New Orleans and other locations.

Burlington Discover Jazz Festival has had The Skatalites several times and
there was real improvisation and great arrangements every minute, not to
mention killer dance rhythms.

Give them a real listen,

George

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas