[JPL] Playlist: WCVE Wed 4-09

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Apr 9 21:54:01 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public Radio, archivd at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560 8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wenesday April 9, 2008

(Frank Haywood, Monroe Tucker) I'm Gonna Tell My Mama / (Maxwell Davis)
Bad Bad Whiskey / (Rudy Toombs) One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - Let's
Have a Party - Rev-Ola - CR Band 27

(Berry, Razaf) Christopher Columbus / (Waller, Razaf) Stealin' Apples /
(Sampson, Mills) Blue Lou - A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher Henderson
Story - Columbia/Legacy - 57596

(Bock, Holofcener, Weiss) Too Close for Comfort - The Best of Art Pepper -
Art Pepper - Contemporary - CCD-5714-2

(Johnny Richards) Fuego Cubano - Cuban Fire - Stan Kenton - Capitol Jazz -
CDP 7 96260 2

(Dorham) NY Theme - Round about Midnight at the Café Bohemia - KennyDorham
- Blue Note - 7243 5 33775 2 6

(Bill Evans) For Nenette - Something for You - Eliane Elias Sings & Plays
Bill Evans - Blue Note - 50999 5 11795 2 6

(Lerner and Loewe) Wouldn't It Be Loverly - Bridge Quartet - Origin
Records - 82506

(Webb) Ella - Hallelujah! - Ella Fitzgerald with Chick Webb - Milan -
73138 35718-2

8:01 NPR News

(Anthony Wilson) I and Thou (from Tokyo Wednesday) / (Wilson) Power of
Nine - Power of Nine - Anthony Wilson Nonet  - Groove Note - GRV 1035-2

(Cole Porter) All of You - Long Ago Today - Sumi Tonooka - ARC Records -
2116

(Cole Porter) Be a Clown - A Jazz Date with Chris Connor/Chris Craft -
Chris Connor - Rhino/Atlantic - R2 71747

(Cole Porter) Love for Sale - Go! - Dexter Gordon - Blue Note - 7243 4
98794 2 3

(John Coltrane) Naima - Trio Nuevo + - Dave Askren - Da Way - DW 0020

(Billy Eckstine) I Want to Talk about You - Soultrane - John Coltrane -
Prestige - PRCD-30006-2

(Billy Eckstine, Earl Hines) Jelly Jelly - Billy Eckstine: The Legendary
Big Band - Savoy Jazz - SVY 17125

9:01 NPR News

(Luiz Eca) Reflexos - Felicidade - Gary Morgan & Panamericana - CAP - 1014

(Raye, DePaul, Johnston) I'll Remember April - Bird: the Complete Verve
Recordings of Charlie Parker - Verve - 837 142-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Happy Hunting Horn - Trio/Quartet/Quintet - Kenny Drew
- Prestige - OJCCD-6007-2

(Fisher) Chicago - Invisible Cities - Pete Malinverni - Reservoir - RSR CD
192

(Miles Davis) Somethin' Else - Somethin' Else - Blue Note - CDP 7243 4
95329 2 2

(Monk) Let's Call This - The Best of Thelonious Monk - Riverside - RCD
5706-2

(Gillespie) Guarachi Guaro - Dizzy Gillespie: The Complete RCA Victor
Recordings - Dizzy Gillespie - Bluebird - 07863 66528-2

(Victor Abrams) Ask a Woman Who Knows - For Those in Love - Dinah
Washington - EmArcy - 314 514 073-2

(Ellington) In a Mellotone - Gerry Meets Ben Webster - Verve - 841-661-2