[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 04-09-08 & 04-10-08

JASON M MILLER jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Thu Apr 10 16:41:58 EDT 2008

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.-Fri. 1pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 04-09-08

Funder Edition
w/ guest host John Stevens

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label)

    HOUR ONE

Theme

  BREAK
Count Basie Orchestra - April In Paris - April In Paris (Verve)

  BREAK
Count Basie Orchestra & The Mills Brothers - April In Paris - The Board
Of Directors (Dot)

  BREAK
Duke Ellington Orchestra - Perdido - Happy Birthday, Duke! The Birthday
Sessions Vol.2 (Laserlight)
Duke Ellington Orchestra - Without A Song - Happy Birthday, Duke! The
Birthday Sessions Vol.2 (Laserlight)

  BREAK
Dawn Lambeth - With A Song In My Heart - Let's Get Lost (Spanish Shawl
Music)
Holly Cole - Charade - Holly Cole (Koch)

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Blue Rondo A La Turk - Time Out (Columbia)

  BREAK
Charlie Parker - Ornithology - All Music Guide - Classic Jazz Solos
(Medalist)
Coleman Hawkins & His Orchestra - Body & Soul - All Music Guide -
Classic Jazz Solos (Medalist)
Clifford Brown - Cherokee - The Great Jazz Soloists (Polygram)

  BREAK
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take The "A" Train - Jazz Goes To College
(Columbia)

  BREAK
John Coltrane - After The Rain - Impressions (Impulse)
Rahsaan Roland Kirk - My Girl - Brotherman In The Fatherland (Hyena)

--------------------
Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.-Fri. 1pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 04-10-08

w/ guest Dr. Nick Rissman

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label)

    HOUR ONE

Theme

  BREAK
Miles Davis - Fran-Dance - At Newport 1958 (Columbia)
Chick Corea & Friends - I'll Keep Loving You - Remembering Bud Powell
(Stretch)
Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares For Me - Little Girl Blue (Fuel)

  BREAK
Bob Brookmeyer & The New Art Orchestra - Celebration Remembering - New
Works (Challenge)
Bill Evans/Jim Hall - All Across The City - Intermodulation (Verve)
Brandi Disterheft - Pennywort - Debut (Superfran)

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - My Cherie Amour - Volunteered Slavery (32 Jazz)
John Coltrane - Impressions - Impressions (Impulse)

  BREAK
Buddy Rich - Time Check - Tuff Dudes! (Groove Merchant)
Buddy Rich - Prelude To A Kiss - Tuff Dudes! (Groove Merchant)
Nina Simone - For All We Know - Little Girl Blue (Fuel)
Dawn Lambeth - Blue Room - Let's Get Lost (Spanish Shawl Music)

  BREAK
Trio Da Paz & Joe Locke - Look To The Sky - Live At Jazzbaltica
(MaxJazz)
Chick Corea - I Didn't Know What Time It Was - Expressions (grp)