[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Thursday April 10

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Apr 10 21:54:20 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, online at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE Public Radio
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday April 10, 2008

(Kern, Hammerstein) All the Things You Are - The Song Book - Booker Ervin
- Prestige - OJCCD-779-2

(Monk, Best) Bemsha Swing - Thelonious Monk - Prestige - OJCCD-010-2

(Tina Brooks) Gypsy Blue - Open Sesame - Freddie Hubbard - Blue Note -
7243 4 95341 2 4

(Bruce Saunders) Two Piers - 8 X 5 - Bruce Saunders Quintet - Mel Bay
Records - MB 090802CD

(Harvie S) A Simple Thank You - A Simple Thank You - Virginia Mayhew
Septet - Renma Records - 6401 CD

(Kenny Dorham) Una Mas - The Whit Williams Now's the Time Big Band - Mama
Records - MAA 1033

(Monte Easter) Ain't Nothing Shakin' / (Maxwell Davis, Adelia Davis) Just
One More Drink - Let's Have a Party - Amos Milburn - Rev-ola - CR Band 27

(Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton) Flying Home - Cherokee - Charlie Barnet  -
RCA Bluebird - 07863 61059-2

(Clarence and Spencer Williams) Royal Garden Blues - Charlie Christian:
The Genius of the Electric Guitar - Benny Goodman Sextet - Columbia - C4K
65564

(Ellington, Mills, Nemo, Redmond)I Let a Song Go out of My Heart - Linger
Awhile - Sarah Vaughan - Pablo - PACD-2312-144-2

8:01 NPR News

(Joe Henderson) A Shade of Jade - Mode for Joe - Joe Henderson - Blue Note
- CDP 7 84227 2

(Ivan Fernandez) El Carbanero - Momentos Cubanos - Luis Maria Ochoa
Quintet - LMOCD-03

(Jessica Williams) Empathy - Songs for a New Century - Jessica Willliams -
Origin Records - 82507

(Coltrane) Moment's Notice - Impressions - Claudio Roditi - Sunnyside -
SSC 1190

(Peter Bernstein) Jet Stream - Young at Heart - Grant Stewart - Sharp Nine
Records - CD 1041-2

(Rodgers and Hart) It's Easy to Remember - The Essential Mel Torme -
Warner Brothers - R2 76082

(M. Dixon, R. Henderson) Bye Bye Blackbird - Miles Davis in Person Friday
and Saturday Nights at the Blackhawk, Complete - Columbia - C4K 87106

(McCoy Tyner) Ballad for Aisha - Legends & Mentors - JKNM Records -
AS89896

9:01 NPR News

(Harry Barris, Gordon Clifford) I Surrender Dear - Teddy Wilson in 4 hands
- Dick Hyman, Chris Hopkins - Victoria - VC 4369

(James P Johnson, Flourney E. Miller) You Can't Lose a broken Heart -
Louis Armstrong: Highlights from His Decca Years - Decca Jazz - GRD-2-638

(Hunter, Sampe) Landlord Blues - Jukebox Hits 1945-1950 - Acrobat Music CD
- ACMCD 4208

(Ray Charles) Mary Ann / (Ray Charles) Hallelujah I Love Her So / (Ray
Charles) What Would Would I Do without You - The Birth of Soul: The
Complete Atlantic Rhythm and Blues Recordings 1952-1959 - Ray Charles -
Atlantic - 7 82310-2

(Duke Jordan) Deacon Joe - Flight to Jordan - Duke Jordan - Blue Note -
0946 3 92759 2 2

(Sam Jones) Del Sasser - Them Dirty Blues - Cannonball Adderly - Landmark
- LCD-1301-2

(Gene Taylor) Why? (The King of Love Is Dead)  - Forever Young Gifted and
Black - Nina Simone - RCA/Legacy - 82876 74413 2

(Carter, Ellis, Frigo) Detour Ahead - Waltz for Debby - Bill Evans -
Riverside - OJCCD-210-2